Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Rubicon unlimited
Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System 20210511_131626

Not a fan of the stress gaps created by the thickness.. May want to use thinner insulation where it goes under trim, have checked and rechecked the cause of tenstion is flooring thickness from what i can tell.
Sponsored

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System 20210511_131626

Not a fan of the stress gaps created by the thickness.. May want to use thinner insulation where it goes under trim, have checked and rechecked the cause of tenstion is flooring thickness from what i can tell.
While not ideal, how feasible is it to shave off a little bit of the insulation where it slides under the panel?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I ordered the Armorlite system for the front and rear floor area on Monday. Received it today. Hell that's better than Amazon Prime lately.

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System 1620854557995

My bud and I will be installing it on Thursday morning. I am also putting sound deadening material down and plan to trim, the Jeep plastic trim so that it will fit with the thicker material added.

Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the Armorlite system for the front and rear floor area on Monday. Received it today. Hell that's better than Amazon Prime lately.

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System 1620854557995

My bud and I will be installing it on Thursday morning. I am also putting sound deadening material down and plan to trim, the Jeep plastic trim so that it will fit with the thicker material added.
Yes, trim or something. Panels under the door jams popped loose snapping multiple clips on the wire troughs. In hindsite I should have done similar or shaved insulation off the edges.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Yes, trim or something. Panels under the door jams popped loose snapping multiple clips on the wire troughs. In hindsite I should have done similar or shaved insulation off the edges.
In regard to the console, I have been able to push it from the back before tightening. But I will pass along to the engineers to see if they can add compression to the insulation in this region.

Issues with side trim tabs breaking is usually from forcing the install downward and not on a horizontal plane. All of the clips install by engaging the clips in a motion away from the console towards the outside of the vehicle not in a downward motion.
Best method is to identify where the clips clip in, then line it up apply pressure down on the trim then pop it in by pulling it towards you (outside of vehicle) you should be able to pull it but a light bump with the bottom of your fist can do it. If it does not click in do NOT force it, instead patiently try to line it up better. This is where taking some time really pays off. I personally have done ton of these and this method has worked perfectly for me.

We are working on some videos better explaining these tricks. Since the JK generation had issues with trim coming loose and carpet blowing when doors were off, the engineers threw in every clip they could on the new models.

Kballard72

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, i have since figured that out, will be ordering another wire trough. Its is helpful to push down, then slide into the clips i found.
I was sliding from the console to the outside. The thickness of the flooring creates a mismatch if you dont give a little down pressure while sliding back home.

I get to do it again, half of the chevrons were not pressed in so another set is coming.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Spent a week at the Beach in Panama City for Florida Jeep Jam. Accumulated a ton of sand in the footwell. This first pic is of all the sand I was grinding into the floor for a week.

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System 8A8754DE-9EBA-4DB1-A609-B266D7B21601

The second picture is after vacuuming the loose sand.

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System 9FA1E232-9AA9-45F8-9320-33641126AC07

The final pic is after wiping the floor with a towel wet with soapy water. Floor looks as good as the day it was installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite JL Floor System E135E85A-7EF0-4DF0-8DCF-4CDC8AEE067D

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
So started this project and I'm doing to sound dampening as well. Quick question the Armorlite instructions and video show removing the black floor post but they only show doing the driver side. Also the video then shows them installing and they are still in place.

@Armolite or others do the post stay or go? Front back etc? I get the ones on the side hold it in place but what about the floor pan ones?

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
So started this project and I'm doing to sound dampening as well. Quick question the Armorlite instructions and video show removing the black floor post but they only show doing the driver side. Also the video then shows them installing and they are still in place.

@Armolite or others do the post stay or go? Front back etc? I get the ones on the side hold it in place but what about the floor pan ones?
Quoting myself.. haha

@wibornz

Sponsored

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Here's mine finished up today. Also cleaned up the Rock Slide step wiring while is was doing the sound deadner.

20210620_174757.jpg

20210620_174806.jpg

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman

It was an error in the video, we did that when the floor was not released and it was my first time installing it so I was unaware while doing it.
You can run with them on, it ill add a little pressure to the floor and maybe make lining up the drains harder. Written instructions are correct to remove the ones holding the floor mats.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I just received mine. I notice that the first bullet point of caution is:
  • DO NOT install Armorlite on top of any existing flooring product, including factory or aftermarket systems, floor mats, carpets or linings of any type
Why? I was planning to coat the floor pan with a layer of spray on BoomMat for extra heat resistance and noise dampening.

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
I just received mine. I notice that the first bullet point of caution is:
  • DO NOT install Armorlite on top of any existing flooring product, including factory or aftermarket systems, floor mats, carpets or linings of any type
Why? I was planning to coat the floor pan with a layer of spray on BoomMat for extra heat resistance and noise dampening.
Glad someone reads this stuff.

Well here is the official non official answer:
That bullet points main objective is to make sure you don't install Armorlite over your carpet.
We as a company have not in house tested the countless amounts of products you can put under your Armorlite.
What we have been told by many customers is that the Armorlite fits fine over butyl type sound deadening products such as Dynamat and Sound Assassin. Also has been installed over bedliners. I tell people if you are installing over bedliner you may want to completely remove the seats as the insulation will not slide well on aggressive texture making it difficult to install. If you do remove the seats you need to look up the proper procedure for doing so since the seats have airbags.

Long story shortish, boom mat should fit fine. Full seamless coverage is not required of that product as its is designed to absorb vibration of the panels it is adhered to, so placing in the center of large flat spots does that job. Be sure to give the drain hole some extra room (a few inches) so the plug can pop through the steel all the way. And stop a few inches short of the trim. You will already need to push down on the trim compressing the Armorlite before pulling it into the clips, adding extra thickness here will only complicate getting the clips in.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Glad someone reads this stuff.

Well here is the official non official answer:
That bullet points main objective is to make sure you don't install Armorlite over your carpet.
We as a company have not in house tested the countless amounts of products you can put under your Armorlite.
What we have been told by many customers is that the Armorlite fits fine over butyl type sound deadening products such as Dynamat and Sound Assassin. Also has been installed over bedliners. I tell people if you are installing over bedliner you may want to completely remove the seats as the insulation will not slide well on aggressive texture making it difficult to install. If you do remove the seats you need to look up the proper procedure for doing so since the seats have airbags.

Long story shortish, boom mat should fit fine. Full seamless coverage is not required of that product as its is designed to absorb vibration of the panels it is adhered to, so placing in the center of large flat spots does that job. Be sure to give the drain hole some extra room (a few inches) so the plug can pop through the steel all the way. And stop a few inches short of the trim. You will already need to push down on the trim compressing the Armorlite before pulling it into the clips, adding extra thickness here will only complicate getting the clips in.
Thank you. That’s kind of what I thought. The product I’m using only adds a mm or 2 at most of thickness.
Sponsored