• Total voters

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Best road tire since that's were I'll be.... huge tires look stupid, like a biker with his mandatory vest.
Sponsored

Rubi6mt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 6mt
My 2021 had 37" KM3s. Was a daily driver and played in the trails around 6x a year
Jeep Wrangler JL Are your tires just for looks? IMG_3606

Jeep Wrangler JL Are your tires just for looks? FBCA9A98-095F-4A79-B71C-1B7DD474ED1A

Awesome tire on the rocks and mucky conditions but sucked on Ice and compacted snow.

The new Jeep is on stock K02s and I'll keep them and do the same trails, will just have to pick my lines better but at least have an all round tire that is passable at everything
Jeep Wrangler JL Are your tires just for looks? 20240127_110830

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
4th Jeep. All have been lifted with MT tires. I bought them for what they are designed for, off roading and an awesome motorhome toad. Running 37" MT tires gets me places that could shred a big a$$ MT tire and scratch paint. Forgetaboutit! It looks great grocery shopping during the week.
Jeep Wrangler JL Are your tires just for looks? 20230916_134411
Jeep Wrangler JL Are your tires just for looks? 20230623_162710

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
We take both the JLUR and the JT mojave off road regularly. Even the driveway to our 40 acres in the Aquarius mountains would be nearly impossible with an LT tire after a heavy rain or the occasional snow storm. Even if it was far less frequent I wouldn't run a street tire. The tread life and mpg differences are not enough to justify even a single stuck scenario due to running car tires on a jeep in my opinion. I'd at minimum run an aggressive AT. I think street tires look silly on a jeep, especially if you paid extra for the more off road capable trims just to neuter them with street tires. The only reason I see is if you live in an icy environment and need a studded snow tire. As far as wet traction even our MTs are more than capable on road.

pfletcher229648

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR w/SOT, 2024 JLUR X w/SOT(On Order)
Occupation
CIO
I donā€™t see the issue with looks only. People buy Corvettes but never ever get close to 200mph. We live in Florida so we see more sand, water and mud than rocks. I like the ride, looks and capability of the KO2ā€™s that came with our Rubicons. If we just wanted something to go off road we could have gone with a Subaru.

I would say 98% of the Jeeps I see with hard and soft tops never have them off. Seems like a waste of money and they just bought it for the looks. Thatā€™s totally up to them. We have the SOT top and ride with the top open everyday.

The thing with Jeeps is everybody has a different reason they want one, as long as they enjoy it who am I to say they bought it for the wrong reason.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Punkn89

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I donā€™t see the issue with looks only. People buy Corvettes but never ever get close to 200mph. We live in Florida so we see more sand, water and mud than rocks. I like the ride, looks and capability of the KO2ā€™s that came with our Rubicons. If we just wanted something to go off road we could have gone with a Subaru.

I would say 98% of the Jeeps I see with hard and soft tops never have them off. Seems like a waste of money and they just bought it for the looks. Thatā€™s totally up to them. We have the SOT top and ride with the top open everyday.

The thing with Jeeps is everybody has a different reason they want one, as long as they enjoy it who am I to say they bought it for the wrong reason.
This thread is about tires.

Nobody is bashing anyone or their choices - more so wondering what tires youā€˜re running and if you are using those tires for their intended purpose.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur

We wheel regularly in the desert. 100ā°is a cool day. Dust and sand blowing everywhere in that dry climate. The top and doors stay on a does the AC thank you. Snow wheeling is the exact opposite. Freezing temps, mud and snow flying, top and doors on, along with the heater, seat heater, and even the steering wheel heater if it's cold enough. I don't buy Jeeps because the top comes off. I buy them because they are the most off road capable vehicles available. If I wanted a convertible on car tires I could have saved a fortune going with a miata.

Cips

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Need an option for those who bought a Wrangler where AT/MT came standard... Willys came with the aggressive tires. Not sure of the difference in MPG or comfort between mine and the base model wranglers.
I had an 2018 Sahara with the 2.0T now a 2021 Willys with the 2.0T. I got identical gas mileage between the two.

My Willys came with the M/T tire, and while it drove me nuts on the drive home, I grew to love it. I'll replace with the same as the time comes, mostly for the look but also the apocalypse.

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
Per the bolded text.

I had new Michelin LTXs installed on my JLU just last month.

It was my first opportunity to have aesthetically-correct tires, so to speak, installed on the Jeep. After performing significant pre-purchase due diligence on the matter, and creating a stand-alone thread, I selected the Michelins. I decided that it was better to be honest about how the vehicle is actually being used than it was to buy a look that would post debits, so to speak, every time I drove the Jeep.

It wasn't an easy decision. There are a plethora of forum photos that illustrate wheel/tire combos that look absolutely wonderful on our Wranglers. Maybe I'll join that club next time. :)
Hi there
Is this the Tire you're referencing?
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/michelin-ltx-a-t-2

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I have a set of LTXs........... on my wife's 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Best tires ever! Also had a set on her Isuzu Ascender (Trailblazer), those suckers ran 70,000 and STILL looked new.
They are too good. I replaced my 05 4Rā€™s original tires with them. At 210 K mi in 21 AT wouldnā€™t do the free flat repair because they were over their age limit, I had to go elsewhere and payā€¦.. šŸ™ƒ

racerdude90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Mines my daily that I take out on weekends. I got an AT and actually thought of it as getting a road worthy tire that also does the job off road haha. I suppose they do make more road worthy tiresā€¦
Anyway, the ATs do great :)

How much better is the fuel economy that these things get with street tires? I did a lift, wheels, and tires all at once, so not a very scientific test, but i only lost 2 mpg. not nothing but not nearly as disastrous as some people make it sound

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Best road tire since that's were I'll be.... huge tires look stupid, like a biker with his mandatory vest.
i ride, and have to laugh at this. i agree the vest does look stupid. unless your in one of the outlaw gangs. i can honestly say ive never worn a vest to ride lol

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR

completely agree

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
mine came with the 35 in ko2. i do have a couple of fun trails, and fire roads near by. im on the east coast so short of going to one of the big parks we dont have a ton of options. i like my jeep because its an all season toy, i can put the top down, and take people with me..... things i cant do on my bike which is why the jeep gets more mileage for now.
Sponsored