Sponsored

Are your KO2 "C" load rated tires handling off road / crawling?

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Will the C rated KO2 handle moderate trails and some crawling just fine or go with a D rated or E rated? I'm 50/50 off road and pavement. I appreciate the input....
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Will the C rated KO2 handle moderate trails and some crawling just fine or go with a D rated or E rated? I'm 50/50 off road and pavement. I appreciate the input....
Oh yeah, they'll handle that with ease.

I haven't rock crawled with them yet, but I've been in mud and sand. They are phenomenal in sand and they surprised me in the mud, being much better than I thought they'd be. I am used to KM2's in the mud, and they are very good. The KO2's weren't bad. Obviously, they required more spin to clear the lugs, but they pulled me right through without too much drama. Mud can be highly variable, so they might do better in, say, a thinner mud than they would in thicker, so keep that in mind. I was running in mud that I'd rate on the thin side, with spots of thick mud. Anyway, I was impressed. I'll be able to give you a pretty good review at the end of October. I'm going to Moab and will be with a couple Jeeps that have much more aggressive tires.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
So far I've been impressed with the K02's. I don't have "rock crawling" time in yet unless you consider Mount Antero. It has lots of smaller sharp rocks. No issues except for the nicks in the wheels.

I'm not going to say the E load rated wheels wouldn't hold up better, but the lighter C load tires seem to be just fine for me.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
E rated 315's weigh about the same as C rated, so I'm not sure it would equate to more puncture resistance or stronger sidewalls.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
I love the KO2 tires. Quitter, tread lasts longer, great traction, good in the snow. I just moved up to 37" D rated. Did some rock crawling in Big Bear through John Bull. I used the stock C rated tires on some trails too. I have some videos on my YouTube page if you want to check them out. Link below in my signature. Just air them down to 20 psi, and you'll do good.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bingy

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Very good. Would be nice to have the on road "nicer ride" of a C rated tire while still being able to hit trails with rocks...some sharp, some not so much. Anyone else have some thoughts?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Very good. Would be nice to have the on road "nicer ride" of a C rated tire while still being able to hit trails with rocks...some sharp, some not so much. Anyone else have some thoughts?
They ride VERY nicely, especially with the Mopar lift and Fox shocks. It rides almost like a Tahoe. Like I said, I'm going to put mine to a brutal test, so I'll be able to tell you about that at the end of October. There is a guy on the forum that took a blue Rubicon with the stock C rated 285's on a pretty incredible cross country trip where he absolutely ran the tires through the ringer. He tore up the treads pretty good, but never had a puncture or sidewall tear. He said they performed really well and that he was going to replace them with another set. I think he did thousands of miles on gravel and dirt, as well as LOTS of rock crawling.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
There is a guy on the forum that took a blue Rubicon with the stock C rated 285's on a pretty incredible cross country trip where he absolutely ran the tires through the ringer. He tore up the treads pretty good, but never had a puncture or sidewall tear. He said they performed really well and that he was going to replace them with another set. I think he did thousands of miles on gravel and dirt, as well as LOTS of rock crawling.
Just think how much better he would have done if it had been a RED Rubicon! ;)

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

Here are my 37" KO2 D Rated Tires hitting the trail.

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

Here is a video talking about the KO2 tires. It popped up on my screen when I opened up YouTube today. I recently subscribed to this guys channel.

crushinit

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and WK2
My 315’s on C have been doing great. Not doing anything very difficult but I’ve had no issues.
Sponsored