Sponsored

Are you getting dedicated winter tires for your Rubicon?

Are you getting dedicated winter tires for your Rubicon?

• Total voters

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
LOL, yeah like I said you need them! I am half convincing myself so I can wear a change of shoes a few months a year :)

EDIT: I ordered a rubicon, so I threw "need" out the window didn't I?
Sponsored

harkster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubi Unlimited
I am wondering what to do. I have a brand new set of Blizzaks from my 2014 grand Cherokee (they had 1 winter on them) on dedicated rims. I sold that vehicle and got my 2018 JL rubicon which has the K02's on it. I am not sure I would go out and buy winter tires for it, but I have them already so would they be better than what came stock on my jeep?
yes and the insurance break is good too, but if the K02 is better I will just sell the tires and rims

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I am wondering what to do. I have a brand new set of Blizzaks from my 2014 grand Cherokee (they had 1 winter on them) on dedicated rims. I sold that vehicle and got my 2018 JL rubicon which has the K02's on it. I am not sure I would go out and buy winter tires for it, but I have them already so would they be better than what came stock on my jeep?
yes and the insurance break is good too, but if the K02 is better I will just sell the tires and rims
There's no way they are the same size or load rating. Sell the old set.

The KO2s do have a winter snowpeak rating. And since they are brand new, you may want to try them for one winter and see how they perform before deciding to buy a whole new set of winters next year.

Also, what insurance company is giving you a discount on insurance for winter tires? Is this just an Ontario thing? When I asked the broker about that she said she had never heard of that and it didn't exist.

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
There's no way they are the same size or load rating. Sell the old set.

The KO2s do have a winter snowpeak rating. And since they are brand new, you may want to try them for one winter and see how they perform before deciding to buy a whole new set of winters next year.

Also, what insurance company is giving you a discount on insurance for winter tires? Is this just an Ontario thing? When I asked the broker about that she said she had never heard of that and it didn't exist.
It’s an Ontario thing.

mcolv2

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Does anyone have experience with either the Blizzak DMV-2 or DMV-1?

I have a 2 door Rubicon. Any recommendations as far as tire size?

I live in Eastern KY and travel to SW WV, Southern Ohio for work if that helps. We supply emergency rooms and I have to be able to make it to work regardless of the weather.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Does anyone have experience with either the Blizzak DMV-2 or DMV-1?

I have a 2 door Rubicon. Any recommendations as far as tire size?

I live in Eastern KY and travel to SW WV, Southern Ohio for work if that helps. We supply emergency rooms and I have to be able to make it to work regardless of the weather.
The Blizzaks are a good tire, but I don't think they are available in the Rubicon's stock tire size and load rating, or anything close to it.

Please note that the stock BFG KO2s do have a winter snowpeak rating. Since they are new, you may want to try them out for the first winter to see if they are satisfactory before buying a set of dedicated winters.

I myself was looking at the Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT2s (studded or unstudded).

The selection that is available in the stock Rubicon tire size and load rating is quite limited, but it's better than it was on the JK for sure.

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
i should be getting my 2 door rubi very soon. it's been on order for 2 months now.
i will likely just stick with the stock KO2's for this winter, but i had the studded nokian hakkapeliita's on my tdi for a few winters. they stick like glue on ice and hard packed snow. definitely going with then again if i think i need them on the rubi.

and yeah, snow tire discount must be an ontario thing, i get the break on insurance also.

18BlackJLRU

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE Rubicon
I’m from Montreal... I just ordered set of Blizzark DMV2 from Costco that I will get installed on my JK Sahara wheels for winter.

I was debating on keeping my Rubicon KO2 but opted to go with a real winter tire.
Sponsored