First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
I saw in the owners manual not to put anything that would insulate the seat because it might overheat the element. Was curious if this a CYA thing, or if it was legit. First time I've had heated seats in a Jeep, but I hate to destroy the Rubicon seats with mud and sun, so I was thinking of Bestop seat covers.
Sponsored

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Probably more of a CYA thing. I don’t see fabric shorting out the element if a 250lb warm body sitting on it doesn’t.

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Ditto. You'd have to say a 300lb person would have more insulation than say a 150lb person and cause the heating elements to fail. LOL

AlphaKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara
Stupid question - is it ok to add the heated seat elements on top of leather and then put a something like Bartact covers over it? Maybe even put a cloth between the leather seat and the seat heater - then put on the cover

I want to put aftermarket seat warmers in the jeep as well as bartact covers - figured I could do both easily - but I don't want to ruin the leather.

Thanks,
Kevin

Sponsored

pakzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Jeep is probably just covering their butts with legal, lol. I've been in my buddies JT with PRP Covers and heaters with no issues.

pakzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Stupid question - is it ok to add the heated seat elements on top of leather and then put a something like Bartact covers over it? Maybe even put a cloth between the leather seat and the seat heater - then put on the cover

I want to put aftermarket seat warmers in the jeep as well as bartact covers - figured I could do both easily - but I don't want to ruin the leather.

Thanks,
Kevin
I would be careful adding it on top of the leather. You most likely want to glue it to the bottom of the new seat cover that you're adding. You need to glue or adhesive it to the cover, otherwise its going to move and shift over time as you keep getting in and out. You obviously don't want to glue it directly to your nice leather.
Sponsored