Sponsored

Replace black cloth seats with tan cloth seat covers?

wgunter280

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I am back in the Jeep game after a 9 year hiatus with a new black JLU Sport S. My family and I love it and I have done a few small mods. Changed the chrome wheels to the granite wheels, swapping out the emblems to the dark grey ones, etc. Bigger tires are coming in the future but nothing major. Here’s my question. It has the black cloth seats. Is it possible to remove the covers and swap them out? I am interested in the tan cloth seats. Thanks in advance for any advice.

55FC388D-714D-4D7B-B7A7-3138C1D9265F.jpeg
Sponsored

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
It's possible, but an absolute PITA. I installed heated seats under my covers and have physical and emotional scars from the experience. :CWL:

If you do it, don't reuse the stupid hog rings. Just use zip ties to attach the cover to the foam.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
It's possible, but an absolute PITA. I installed heated seats under my covers and have physical and emotional scars from the experience. :CWL:

If you do it, don't reuse the stupid hog rings. Just use zip ties to attach the cover to the foam.
Your experience is common. PITA is what every says that has done this. I'm wanting to install seat heaters but haven't taken the leap.

For the OP, what about seat covers over the factory cloth. There are a number of good options available now.

OP
OP
wgunter280

wgunter280

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your experience is common. PITA is what every says that has done this. I'm wanting to install seat heaters but haven't taken the leap.

For the OP, what about seat covers over the factory cloth. There are a number of good options available now.
I started looking at some of them. I am open to them but I want same that have a nice tight fit. And as I live in the south, neoprene will not work. Any recommendations??

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Just buy Bartact seat covers. They’re really good, great customer service and will be a lot easier option for what your trying to do

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Ask your dealer who installs leather for them. Go to that shop and see if they have tan take off seat covers.

OP
OP
wgunter280

wgunter280

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone have any experience with the Bestop seat covers? They have a nice look...

cover1.PNG

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Here's the tan PRP seat covers I put in my JT. PRP has lots of color choices and combinations.
Jeep Wrangler JL Replace black cloth seats with tan cloth seat covers? prp seat cover

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Anyone have any experience with the Bestop seat covers? They have a nice look...

Jeep Wrangler JL Replace black cloth seats with tan cloth seat covers? prp seat cover
seriously check out Bartact. Their Coyote is a cool tan color and their covers do not make you hot in the summer. I've used them on multiple jeeps and they are really good covers. THey will do custom for you so if you don't want the MOLLE straps, you want special stitching, etc. Top quality product and top quality customer service.

Biohazardshrimp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
If this thread wasn't so old I would have gladly offered to drive to you and swap my always-covered tan seats for your black seats. Hell, I still would but I am sure you have already figured out a solution.

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I started looking at some of them. I am open to them but I want same that have a nice tight fit. And as I live in the south, neoprene will not work. Any recommendations??
AMEN on no neoprene seat covers in the South. Those things will give you swamp ass crotch rot.

pakzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
+1 on the PRP Seat covers. They have a really tight OEM look, and have breathable materials to prevent the swamp ass. I'd also rather spend a few hours doing it myself, than spend money paying some upholstery guy to put them on.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Check ebay. I bought a full set of tan leather rubicon seats delivered for about 900, and sold my front cloth sport seats for ~450. So for about 450 I upgraded to a heated leather seats. And its MUCH easier to unbolt old seats and bolt in new ones compared to changing seat covers.
Sponsored