Are Husky Tools Any Good?

liker777

First Name
Oleg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
I have my Husky tools backpack for more than 5 years. It is so reliable.

Not only I use it for tools and equipment. When I travel, my Husky backpack is a must. It seems like it is unbreakable..

And I got it for 20 bucks in Home Depot.. I do recommend this brand to everyone.

User's recommendation: Great company.
Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I believe husky is the new craftsman ... quality for a weekend DIYer.

next step up would be TEKTON or gearwrench. Just be careful on tekton as, ironically, older stuff isn’t as good quality as new stuff (IMHO).

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I believe husky is the new craftsman ... quality for a weekend DIYer.

next step up would be TEKTON or gearwrench. Just be careful on tekton as, ironically, older stuff isn’t as good quality as new stuff (IMHO).
I bought a Tekton combination wrench set a few years ago. Very pleased with the fit and finish. Better than Craftsman. If you didn't look at the name on the wrench, you'd swear you had a Snap-on in your hand.

I have to say, I've had a SAE Husky combination wrench set for about a decade. Those wrenches are great and have never given me reason to question their quality.

I would put Husky and Tekton on the same level.

Last edited:

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Husky's been ok for me. I have a hodge podge of autozone duralast, snap on, kobalt, mac, some older craftsmen stuff and husky bits. I've learned over the years as long as I don't use my regular ratchets as torque wrenches and judicious use of breaker bars with hardened sockets when required keeps the other tools safe from damage.

Natrodomus

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Not a fan of the T-Handles had my whole set rust out.

Sponsored

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
50 years ago I bought a Sears Craftsman mechanic's tool set. I even have some Craftman tools my dad gave me that are older than that. Over those years I have worked those tools hard, and I still have all the original tools from that set, none have ever broken. I have added to the set with made in USA Craftsman tools. The only issue is that they are all SAE, so I've been adding metric stuff. I have ICON stuff, some Husky and Kobalt stuff. I have some Husky torque wrenches, not a fan of the big one goes up to 250 ft/lb, not enough teeth in the ratchet head for working in tight spots, so I replaced it with an ICON from HF. 96 teeth.

Last edited:

CreepyCrepe

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge Green JLUWS, 20 Honda Pilot Elite
Clubs

The old Husky Pro line was excellent. Regular Husky is good quality and perfect for a young man getting started.

FWIW, I’ve been startled by how nice Harbor Freight’s ICON line is.

https://www.harborfreight.com/icon-hand-tools
It's hard to beat harbor freights warranty as well. If someone is just starting out with DIY stuff, get cheap tools with a good warranty. If they break a tool a few times, it's a good indicator that they need to buy a better one for their use case. Gearwrench also has a fantastic master set of combination wrenches on amazon for $240. 1/4 - 1 1/2 and 6mm - 32mm. Project Farm did a comparison recently and they tied for 3rd with Snap On overall.

Sponsored

MitchRoyce

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy Touring Wagon GT-B
I've been wrenching on cars for a while and have used quite a few different tool brands. In my experience, Husky tools are definitely a good value for the money. They may not be the absolute best quality out there, but for the price, they are hard to beat.

The set you linked to looks like a great starter set for your son. It has a good variety of tools that will come in handy for all sorts of repairs and maintenance tasks. And like you mentioned, the fact that they come with a lifetime guarantee is definitely a plus.