StuartR

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone mount an ARB Twin on their EcoD yet? Discussing with my mechanic and trying to figure out where to mount mine. He says that inside is not a good idea because when I turn off my locker the air venting from the solenoid would smell awful (gear oil).

Also since using it for my locker as well as airing up running air hose to the back if we mount it in the storage cubby in the cargo area will suck....

The engine bay is super awful for having any space to mount a twin arb.
Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Anyone mount an ARB Twin on their EcoD yet? Discussing with my mechanic and trying to figure out where to mount mine. He says that inside is not a good idea because when I turn off my locker the air venting from the solenoid would smell awful (gear oil).

Also since using it for my locker as well as airing up running air hose to the back if we mount it in the storage cubby in the cargo area will suck....

The engine bay is super awful for having any space to mount a twin arb.
I put mine on the M.O.R.E. mount below the driver side hardtop window and have no issue airing up with dual lines to the front or back tires. I’m not using it for lockers but I can’t imagine there’s no air filtration or window opening solution to the solenoid issue. Otherwise I find that mounting location to be excellent.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I put mine on the M.O.R.E. mount below the driver side hardtop window and have no issue airing up with dual lines to the front or back tires. I’m not using it for lockers but I can’t imagine there’s no air filtration or window opening solution to the solenoid issue. Otherwise I find that mounting location to be excellent.
Same here. Didn't want to cram it under the hood, due to heat concerns. Aftermarket high tuck fender liners don't leave enough space in the wheelwell location. So, inside seemed to make the most sense for my specific needs. I used a .5 meter stainless Teflon braided line and a remote coupler bracket to reduce the reach and to give the air a chance to cool down.
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Twin Compressor Mounting Location? 20201117_112108
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Twin Compressor Mounting Location? 20201117_112048

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I would mount it in the rear storage cubby or under the brake booster behind the front drivers side fender on the fire wall. There is no way I would mount mine inside of the Jeep. Why, because my wife sits in there while I air up. It is loud and I like my wife comfortable. 110 degrees in Moab, she is in the air conditioning. 8 degrees in Northern Michigan while snow wheeling, she is sitting in there with the heated seat and the heater running. I would not want her to have to listen to the compressor run when there are better locations.

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Same here. Didn't want to cram it under the hood, due to heat concerns. Aftermarket high tuck fender liners don't leave enough space in the wheelwell location. So, inside seemed to make the most sense for my specific needs. I used a .5 meter stainless Teflon braided line and a remote coupler bracket to reduce the reach and to give the air a chance to cool down.
I copied Headbarcode. Used the Moore Mount. While it’s loud inside it doesn’t take long. My wife and dog have stayed inside with no issue.

DF2DECD6-F158-4371-B336-50209180EF1E.jpeg

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I copied Headbarcode. Used the Moore Mount. While it’s loud inside it doesn’t take long. My wife and dog have stayed inside with no issue.

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Twin Compressor Mounting Location? DF2DECD6-F158-4371-B336-50209180EF1E
Yeah, in my opinion, it's worth a few minutes of noise to keep an aluminum finned air-cooled unit in a clean and dry running environment. Plus, the winter is my only off season with work, so having the compressor and it's peripherals in a warm cabin will prevent icing in the system.

sylverknuk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
I would mount it in the rear storage cubby or under the brake booster behind the front drivers side fender on the fire wall. There is no way I would mount mine inside of the Jeep. Why, because my wife sits in there while I air up. It is loud and I like my wife comfortable. 110 degrees in Moab, she is in the air conditioning. 8 degrees in Northern Michigan while snow wheeling, she is sitting in there with the heated seat and the heater running. I would not want her to have to listen to the compressor run when there are better locations.
Mounting it there does not work on the EcoD - The washer fluid reservoir is relocated there for that engine. So, if you were to mount it inside the wheel well on the driver's side, you would need to mod the reservoir tank. A non-starter for me.
Sponsored