Sponsored

Anyone pretty knowledgeable with the stock navigation??

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

I haven't used it much but my phone died and I needed to. We had a ton of flooding and it kept routing me a wat that was blocked off.

Is there a way to set a detour so the computer won't keep trying to send you a way that is no longer accessible?

Sorry if this has been discussed before or any links videos on this. I couldn't find anything although admittedly I didn't look long. Back to pailing out water!
Sponsored

davers

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy's Diesel 4 door Sarge Green
Occupation
Software Engineer
Do you mean because of construction? Because I believe there is something in settings that allows you to avoid things like construction, tollsā€¦

Sponsored

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't used it much but my phone died and I needed to. We had a ton of flooding and it kept routing me a wat that was blocked off.

Is there a way to set a detour so the computer won't keep trying to send you a way that is no longer accessible?

Sorry if this has been discussed before or any links videos on this. I couldn't find anything although admittedly I didn't look long. Back to pailing out water!
I can't say this with any certainty, but I do not believe the stock nav system can get any sort of real-time updates. Apps like Waze and Apple/Google Maps use real-time data from phones (direct user inputs and motion tracking) to provide things like traffic and hazard data.

I think the Uconnect nav system still relies on dealer-facilitated updates.

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Do you mean because of construction? Because I believe there is something in settings that allows you to avoid things like construction, tollsā€¦
Not necessarily known construction but if a storm hits and there are roadblocks up. I'd like to be able to let the nav system know this way is no longer available so it doesn't keep u turning me or routing me the same way I already know is blocked off.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Not necessarily known construction but if a storm hits and there are roadblocks up. I'd like to be able to let the nav system know this way is no longer available so it doesn't keep u turning me or routing me the same way I already know is blocked off.
I would be dumbfounded to see *any* OEM navigation software that supports this. User-submitted map updates are just so far out of the realm of possibility for whatever poor unfortunate soul is responsible for building OEM nav systems in 2021 that there's just no way, man.

Get a car charger and retreat back to the safety/comfort of Google Maps and don't look back.

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

I would be dumbfounded to see *any* OEM navigation software that supports this. User-submitted map updates are just so far out of the realm of possibility for whatever poor unfortunate soul is responsible for building OEM nav systems in 2021 that there's just no way, man.

Get a car charger and retreat back to the safety/comfort of Google Maps and don't look back.
You're right and I will. I'm also probably poorly explaining this. I'm not necessarily looking for real time updates but what I'm saying is it would be nice if say the system says make a left on Smith Street and I'm able to press a button that says Smith Street is blocked. Route me a different way.

Like be able to let the system know do not send me this one way for whatever reason. But yes car charger already purchased lol

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
There is a traffic flow indicator on one of the screens that will inform you of issues on the road. Not sure how quick it is updated but if you set a destination it tells you and can reroute you.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

You're right and I will. I'm also probably poorly explaining this. I'm not necessarily looking for real time updates but what I'm saying is it would be nice if say the system says make a left on Smith Street and I'm able to press a button that says Smith Street is blocked. Route me a different way.

Like be able to let the system know do not send me this one way for whatever reason. But yes car charger already purchased lol
I get what you're after. Google Maps has this but it's not very easy to find. Waze (which is now owned by Google) had this as a pretty simple button that was always available through the interface.

It would definitely be handy. Maybe we'll see Google integrate it better (without adopting all of Waze's fugly UI)

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
If you know the area well enough you can set the nav to a point that would take you around the closure, but if you know the area that well, and you know which roads are closed, why do you need the nav anyway?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

OEM navs are definitely becoming obsolete. Best way to do what your looking for is to keep driving and let nav reroute you. It should automatically
Sponsored