Navigation System in the 2019 JL

RonChannels

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Rubicon
I was curious on the navigation system for the 2019 JL. I noticed you can order the Jeep with an Apple or Android unit. Does anyone know if you can download apps to the navigation system? Currently I'm using my iPad for my off-road maps, I use Gaia GPS. It would be cool if I could download the apps right into the Jeep.
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I was curious on the navigation system for the 2019 JL. I noticed you can order the Jeep with an Apple or Android unit. Does anyone know if you can download apps to the navigation system? Currently I'm using my iPad for my off-road maps, I use Gaia GPS. It would be cool if I could download the apps right into the Jeep.
Nope. Closest you'll get is Apple CarPlay (not sure if that's just iPhone or on iPads as well). And the only navigation apps that I know of that work with it are the native one, the Google one, and Waze. It doesn't load the apps onto the Jeep, just integrates with them from your device.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
You can't order an Apple or Android interface unit. The UConnect system allows you to use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto on these head units, so whatever applications are on your phone that are supported by those two systems will be displayed on the head unit. Just grab a cheap used iPhone if you don't have one and plug it in and leave it in the Jeep and you'll be set. I prefer using my actual phone (Android in my case) so I can make phone calls/etc.
Sponsored