Anyone install a front camera?

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Have you guys seen the Range Rover Evoques under car camera? It is friggen awesome as you then know exactly where the tyres are on the ground below.
Hers is a link.

Anyone know of an aftermarket solution to create the under car view??? I want to put it on the new JL when I get it.
I want to see the BSF team pull that Rover out of something
Sponsored

ItIsMe25

First Name
Elisabeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I want one, because I have small children, I always look carefully before moving, but damn those little buggers are fast, the view in front is obscured, and my three year old cant be seen if she is in front of my jeep when I am in the drivers seat, and there has been more than one child run over because everyone thought someone else had them and they wandered outside.. It only take one second one time....

I dont want it in place of caution or paying attention, I want another way to ensure I have no small children or animals in front of me before moving :)

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I would not mind to have 3 front cameras. 1 forward which I can use when I have no spotter and I'm too lazy to get out and look and the other two for cross traffic camera views.
I have a couple of intersections where I live that are diabolical in their lack of visibility. When my baby is in the car, we never go that way because it is totally impossible to see if anyone is coming. Side cameras would greatly help in this.
Don't give the bullsh$T about "Derp, if ya wanna safe car, git a volvo, Derp!"
I use my Jeep as a daily driver. As I did with the last 4 I owned.
If it can be made safer without detracting its offroad ability, what is wrong with that?

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect

Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Cool. Now it just needs to be on the 8,4 screen I already have in there.
I am one of those people who like my cars to look as factory as possible. Even my mods I try to keep looking as muted as possible.
Ah but they do. They have Composite video adapters for existing screens, and even WiFi for use with iPad/phones.
http://www.redpeakoffroad.com/product_p/rca-004.htm

I am not sure if the 8.4" screen would be enough. I guess you could see all 4 cameras at once, or with the remote chose the camera to go full screen. I have been intrigued by this product, and now with the tazer composite plug adapter, this may be something I do one day. I got so many projects before this though to complete first.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If using the cheap cameras from Amazon buy a lot of extras. Over the last few years I have had several cameras on my JK. Rear, front, both sides (blind spots). They are not waterproof no matter what they say. They are barely water resistant. You will need to replace them often especially if located in front or underneath. Look for known brands instead and they will cost a lot more. Is the JL camera listed in the Mopar parts catalog yet? I wonder if it has a forward view setting?

Sponsored

texastonka

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Trackhawk, AEV Prospector XL, Viper TA2.0, Dodge Demon, etc etc etc...
  • The grille-mounted TrailCam off-road camera captures the view in front of the tires and displays it on the Uconnect® touchscreen. Dynamic tire path gridlines help select the best vehicle path to successfully negotiate difficult obstacles. An integrated washer nozzle allows for push-button camera cleaning.

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Honda Passport, '18 Crosstrek, '16 Cherokee
Once you turn on the function in the Tazer JL, there will be an icon in the settings that says "Cargo Cam." Press that button and it will come up. You can go from rear camera view to front camera view. Cool feature on the Tazer JL.
Stupid question... I am assuming this is only for 8.4" units, and N/A for the 7" screens?
Thanks.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I’m waiting to adapt the factory Jeep front camera from the JT gladiator pick up.

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am installing the Tazer front camera AV plug in on the UConnect and there are already cables in the pins?

Any ideas?

RenderedI.JPG
Sponsored