Anyone go Jeeping Alone?

mdamaso

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
I realize at the Adventure Academy and most organized places they say never go alone. That being said, we're not new to this and regularly go on 7-9 trails when we are in a group. We have all the gear, winch, etc. but sometimes want to go to Gulches in SC or Uwharrie in NC on a whim where we couldn't find anyone to go with. I've thought about going and just meet some people, but that's not guaranteed. Any of you done trails alone?
Sponsored

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
My wife and I go alone a lot and really enjoy it. Really have to scale back on difficulty and not get too crazy. I have had to self recover a couple of times and that can get a bit concerning but as long as you take it easy and enjoy the ride it can be fun.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Weā€™ve done it all over the country.

Iā€™ll admit, itā€™s probably not the best idea if you're somewhere extremely remote. But at Uwharrie and Gulches, it can be tough to go 10 minutes without spotting another wheeler.

Last edited:

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Lol. All. The. Time.

Just make sure you have an InReach and can afford the cost of a tow, if it comes to that.

People deny themselves a LOT of adventures due to this supposed ā€œrule.ā€

I prefer adventuring with friends and family, but love going solo too. And if I die out there alone, donā€™t shed a single tear for me. Iā€™ve had a really good run.

OP
OP

mdamaso

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
These are my thoughts as well. I'm pretty confident we know our limits and wouldn't do anything too aggressive, but we've run into many people who are like "That's breaking the number one commandment and you'll get kicked out of the Jeep Life"

Sponsored

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
I have, but it is not my preferred status. I did the 3 Badge trails at Hot Springs alone and mid-week. The only reason I was willing to do so was because I knew I could walk out if needed.

Alone, it takes me a lot longer because I am my own spotter. Also, it is a bit more nerve wracking. My concern on these 3 trails was the fact that I was at stock height. I just had to be more careful and pick good lines.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone go Jeeping Alone? 1675186763334

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
These are my thoughts as well. I'm pretty confident we know our limits and wouldn't do anything too aggressive, but we've run into many people who are like "That's breaking the number one commandment and you'll get kicked out of the Jeep Life"
The very same people who say "Dont Jeep alone" will be the people wearing a face mask, steel toe boots, a respirator, and gloves to change their oil.

Zero risk is a shitty way to live life.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
I think many of us do, itā€™s not for everyone and when you do go alone at least in my case we avoid certain trails just cause we donā€™t want to take a chance at getting stuck and needing to be towed, a winch will make you more comfortable attempting certain trails but normally when weā€™re out without a group or have other jeepers in the area we tend to be less adventurous and more focused on just enjoying the ride šŸ˜ if alone try to stay within cell phone service or gmrs radio, be safe! āœŒ