Analog Speedometer Error

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
This morning I'm driving in a 35 mph zone and I've got someone right on my ass. I look down at my analog speedo and I'm doing 51. Then I think to myself, it doesn't feel like I'm going that fast. I look at the digital speedo and it says 40. Wtf? I come to a stop at the next light at the speedo stays at 11. I get home, figure it's just an electronic glitch and will reset the next time I start it. Turn off the ignition and the needle stays at 11. Start the Jeep and it does the usual sweep to the max and then comes back to 11 mph.

I already have an appt on Wednesday for an oil change and to replace a broken freedom panel latch. We'll see what they figure out.
Sponsored

FoxyJeeper

First Name
Foxyjeeper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
This morning I'm driving in a 35 mph zone and I've got someone right on my ass. I look down at my analog speedo and I'm doing 51. Then I think to myself, it doesn't feel like I'm going that fast. I look at the digital speedo and it says 40. Wtf? I come to a stop at the next light at the speedo stays at 11. I get home, figure it's just an electronic glitch and will reset the next time I start it. Turn off the ignition and the needle stays at 11. Start the Jeep and it does the usual sweep to the max and then comes back to 11 mph.

I already have an appt on Wednesday for an oil change and to replace a broken freedom panel latch. We'll see what they figure out.
Anything come of this? The analog speedo in 2021 is showing between 6-10 mph when I’m. It even moving.

C250D143-16D3-413F-9A79-824D8C08B6D6.jpeg

OP
OP
Steevr

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
So when that issue happened that day, I shut off the Jeep when I got home and the speedo stayed at 11 mpg. I started it up and it did the sweep and went back to 11 mph. The next day when I got into the Jeep, I could see the speedo was back down to zero. All was normal then and it hasn't happened again. It's now been a month.

Did not mention it to the dealer when I went in. I figured if it happens again no matter how briefly, I'll then take it in.

FoxyJeeper, how long has this been happening and was it like this since it was new?

UTES

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Sahara, 2018 AMG GT, 2019 MB GLC
Occupation
Retired LEO
There's a free program available online called DigiHud - and it uses your phone's satellite connections to show your speed.

I'm not trying to replace your speedo, just assuming some here will want a legitimately comparable source.

Hunter

FoxyJeeper

First Name
Foxyjeeper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Seems to have resolved itself.. maybe. My two speedometers are sometimes the same and sometimes 1-2 mph apart. I’ll probably wait for my first service and then mention the flash that is posted above.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Last edited:

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
older thread but my speedometer started acting up today. You just pulled F15 fuse and it reset and no issues to date? Thanks for the chart.
Correct. It never happened again. Weird.
Sponsored