Sponsored

Anal Retentive?

Do you keep a detailed maintenance record?

• Yes

• No

• Who gives a shit it’s just a bunch of oil changes and such...

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I have a multi-tab spreadsheet for all maintenance for all vehicles. I even record my battery load tests so I can see how fast the battery degrades over time. Another tab with the VIN and various parts I order. When I traded in my Mazda for the Wrangler and was pushing more for my trade, I produced the spreadsheet which showed even when the wipers were changed and tires rotated...they met my trade number afterwards.
So it does pay off to keep some kind of maintenance records even with dealership trade-ins. Always good to know or have in your back pocket.
Sponsored

JeepDrvr2018

First Name
Montgomery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Retired Master Certified RV Tech
Got all the receipts and OEM paperwork on 2013 in folder, when RV'ing, it goes with us if we tow the jeep. I keep gas/maintenance record book in all vehicles, periodically I update spreadsheets of all vehicles so I have gas mileage on PC have been lax in updating Jeep Records, cleared old RV record, kept columns, so I can input the new one's data.

debjl2018

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Nope, but I was Army! I figure that's what the dealer is for. He can keep my records straight. It's one less thing for me to do. Because I'm one of those women who loves to drive a nice clean pretty Jeep, but everything else the dealer takes care of:like:
I can totally agree...

And btw I was very nearly ex-air force....back in the day, I signed up, found out I was pregnant and they rejected me :(. And I’m a little OCD in other areas, car records, not so much lol. So the question is, which came first, OCD and then military? Or military then OCD? I’m thinking the “perfectionist” trait (my nice term for my OCD-ness :rock:) attracts us to the nice regimented life of the military :like:

And thank you all for your service:flag:

debjl2018

First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport

Sponsored

SamIam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018JLUR in Mojito!, 2019 Ram Rebel, 2019 Honda Accord
Occupation
Retired Navy
I dont keep a logbook. Just a bunch of oil/filter receipts. I plan on leaving this Jeep to my heirs...After warranty is expired, what are you going to do? If you trade it in, you won’t a cotton-pickin dime for maintenance records. It’s just for peace of mind I suppose

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i find this actually helps the resale value of the car. I remember my Old man bought a 1994 chevy suburban 2500 with 160k on the meter. they guy who owned it had everything from the moment he bought it tell he sold it. every smog check, oil change and fluid change. and the dang thing ran so well it was like driving off in a brand new car after 10 years of being on the road

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Yep, I have a log book for every car I own. And, I don't care who knows it.......;):):bow:
Me too, right along with my mowers ,4 wheeler, Bike and YXZ 1000R !

BaseLayer

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.salexorganizers.com
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma and 4Runner, past - 99 XJ and 94 YJ
Occupation
Vehicle OCD
Ok good because my wife thinks I’m a little crazy.. So I’m not the only OCD freak on the planet. Good sanity check here haha
Embrace your OCD! I did and turned into a business....Vehicle OCD. Wrangler JL and JK center console organizers. Designed with member feedback here on the forum.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
We occasionally have to do anesthesia for some anal retentive people...literally...lightbulbs, tennis balls, matchbox cars, etc...

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Embrace your OCD! I did and turned into a business....Vehicle OCD. Wrangler JL and JK center console organizers. Designed with member feedback here on the forum.
My ADD won't let me focus on my OCD long enough to embrace it...:headbang:
Sponsored