Sponsored

bdambrowski

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Altitude Edition
Didnt sounds right to me either. And yeah, mine was bought new. Appreciate the feedback!
Sponsored

PNW_JL

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hi all, new here, new to Jeep, and just came across this post.

I just took delivery of a 2021 JLUR last Saturday and got swindled into buying a prepaid maintenance plan, up to 50k miles while in the Finance Office. 😖 Finance Manager says this will be helpful for all the required maintenance despite me saying "I have two years of Jeep Wave Program"

Now, finding out Jeep Wave is good for 3 years, should I go ahead cancel to get most of my $$ back? Thanks in advance for any advice!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Now, finding out Jeep Wave is good for 3 years, should I go ahead cancel to get most of my $$ back? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Yes.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co

I just took delivery of a 2021 JLUR last Saturday and got swindled into buying a prepaid maintenance plan, up to 50k miles while in the Finance Office. 😖 Finance Manager says this will be helpful for all the required maintenance despite me saying "I have two years of Jeep Wave Program"

Probably have 3 days to delete that entirely

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I just took delivery of a 2021 JLUR last Saturday and got swindled into buying a prepaid maintenance plan, up to 50k miles while in the Finance Office.
I'm curious as to how he swindled you. I'd like to be sure that it doesn't ever happen to me.

Sponsored

coldstart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps are shit. Like their owners.
Occupation
Space Cadet
Best sales people at the dealer are the “finance” guys.

coldstart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps are shit. Like their owners.
Occupation
Space Cadet

Cancel ASAP.

PNW_JL

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I'm curious as to how he swindled you. I'd like to be sure that it doesn't ever happen to me.
Like others have said, the best salesmen are the Finance guys and I fell for it. He tried telling me maintenance would be upwards of $3k in 5 years time (blah blah, etc) and that the package he's pitching is a fraction of the cost. Essentially, I needed to stick to "no, no, no" and not give it any more thought. I should have done my research and ask questions on here more. It's my bad - learning lesson that's cancellable! 🙌

Cancel ASAP.
Thanks, I'm on it! I took a look at the scheduled maintenance on my Mopar app - combined with the Jeep Wave benefits and there's nothing too concerning for 'required maintenance' that warrants such a necessity, right? Any more advice is truly appreciated! ✌

Ref https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core.../Wrangler/P119099_21_JL_OM_EN_USC_DIGITAL.pdf (pages 378-381)

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Like others have said, the best salesmen are the Finance guys and I fell for it. He tried telling me maintenance would be upwards of $3k in 5 years time (blah blah, etc) and that the package he's pitching is a fraction of the cost. Essentially, I needed to stick to "no, no, no" and not give it any more thought. I should have done my research and ask questions on here more. It's my bad - learning lesson that's cancellable! 🙌

Thanks, I'm on it! I took a look at the scheduled maintenance on my Mopar app - combined with the Jeep Wave benefits and there's nothing too concerning for 'required maintenance' that warrants such a necessity, right? Any more advice is truly appreciated! ✌

Ref https://msmownerassets.z13.web.core.../Wrangler/P119099_21_JL_OM_EN_USC_DIGITAL.pdf (pages 378-381)

I paid cash for the entirety of my college career including my masters level course work by being a finance manager within autonation. Absolutely hated wearing a suit and tie but I was the only 20 year old I knew with no debt, a brand new car and living independently

I ended up buying my first home for cash when I finished school. I can say for sure the only real sales people in the dealership are in finance, sometimes the GSM and typically the regional partners. Lying to people wasnt part of the program however

PNW_JL

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Being a finance manager within autonation. I can say for sure the only real sales people in the dealership are in finance, sometimes the GSM and typically the regional partners. Lying to people wasnt part of the program however
Thanks, fellow San Diegan! Now I get why you said I can cancel in 3 days. Tried doing that today but he wasn’t in (surprise) and that the GSM was working dual roles today. Smh. Sucks I have to cancel thru the dealership and can’t thru the 800-number.

*Sorry all, if I took this off-topic. I appreciate all the input, nevertheless!
Sponsored