Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Works great, way better than stock one, smaller diameter but stronger, and it’s kind of a cardan joint at transfer case so it handles the angle real well.
Oh cool thanks! ripped my slip joint boot so ill be upgrading soon haha
Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
What's the date code on your OEM steering stabilizer? One of the symptoms is that it pulls to one side or the other. To test, just remove the OEM steering stabilizer and take it for a test drive. Removing the steering stabilizer is simpler than changing a tire. If the pulling goes away, it is the steering stabilizer. Bad date code info at https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-end-jan-31-2019-star-case-s1819000004.25550/

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 9.29.31 PM.png

IPSCOJL

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018SRT
Haha much better! Looks like mine does now lol. Hows that adams drive shaft? Ive been looking into them but wasnt sure how it would handle the pinion not being directly inline
I would stay away from Adam's drive shafts, I bought both front and rear shafts and have a virbration and harmonic starting around 45 MPH. Took the front shaft out and the vibration went away. Then i took the shaft to a local drive shaft shop and they found the shaft had .03 run out and no weights on the CV shaft side. I had called Adam's before i took the shaft to a local vendor and they said that they balance their shafts to 110MPH which is BS, if they had balanced the shaft they would have seen the run out and put the correct balance on the shaft or maybe their QC does not care if it not right. I have found the shafts do not like 6 deg of caster as this seem to be a pinon angle they can't work with so i'm backing off my caster to around 4 deg to see if that will work with the Adam's drive shaft. If that does't work i will be going with some other solution.

Last edited:

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I would stay away from Adam's drive shafts, I bought both front and rear shafts and have a virbration and harmonic starting around 45 MPH. Took the front shaft out and the vibration went away. Then i took the shaft to a local drive shaft shop and they found the shaft had .03 run out and no weights on the CV shaft side. I had called Adam's before i took the shaft to a local vendor and they said that they balance their shafts to 110MPH which is BS, if they had balanced the shaft they would have seem the run out and put the correct balance on the shaft or maybe their QC does not care if it not right. I have found the shafts do not like 6 deg of caster as this seem to be a pinon angle they can't work with so i'm backing off my caster to around 4 deg to see if that will work with the Adam's drive shaft. If that does't work i will be going with some other solution.
Thanks for the info. I was worried about that caster too. And i dont want to run 4 degrees either. Ill have to figure something out then

JDIV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1994 Jeep YJ
I had the same issue with mine on 37in Toyo MT tires with the MOPAR lift. I had alignment checked and lift checked out multiple times, it was driving me crazy. Discount took back my tires and I purchased some Milestars, it now drives straight. I really think the Toyo pull is exaggerated on the JL for some reason.

Sponsored

ssangyongs

First Name
Amirul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Ford Explorer, Wrangler JLU Sport
Mine pulls to the right. Mopar lift. Havent done anything yet as im waiting for the first 10k service. I notice my steering stabilizer is Pro Comp. dont know if its stock

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I've seen a few different brands of tires that caused pulling. Rotate a different tire into the side that's pulling to see if that's the problem.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Mine pulls to the right. Mopar lift. Havent done anything yet as im waiting for the first 10k service. I notice my steering stabilizer is Pro Comp. dont know if its stock
The first scheduled service per the owner's manual is 20K. Do you mean your first oil change? The stock OEM steering stabilizer is all black and 'Mopar' is etched into the casing, hard to read. Do you have the Fox steering stabilizer? As far as pulling to the right, as long as your PSI is the same on both front tires, you (or your dealer) could remove the steering stabilizer and take it for a test drive to see if it still pulls. If it doesn't pull, then it is the steering stabilizer.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for Help, My new 2019 Jeep pulls to the right almost immediately after I let my hands off the wheel. is this indicative to mud terrain tires? The alignment reading are within spec accept the caster on the RT tire is out just a bit at -4.2 where as the LT tire is -4.6. any help would be appreciated.

2019 JLU
2" Mopar lift (which is more like 3)
35-12.5-17 TOYO M/T
Like others have mentioned those Toyo MTs are notorious for pulling to the right. I won't purchase them for a Jeep again after my experience on the JK. I switched from 37" Goodyear MTR/k to 37" toyo and that's when I started having the pull. I went so far as throwing my alignment completely out of spec(all 8 adjustable arms) to get the Jeep tracking straight.

ssangyongs

First Name
Amirul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Ford Explorer, Wrangler JLU Sport
The first scheduled service per the owner's manual is 20K. Do you mean your first oil change? The stock OEM steering stabilizer is all black and 'Mopar' is etched into the casing, hard to read. Do you have the Fox steering stabilizer? As far as pulling to the right, as long as your PSI is the same on both front tires, you (or your dealer) could remove the steering stabilizer and take it for a test drive to see if it still pulls. If it doesn't pull, then it is the steering stabilizer.
Oh yes actually yeah the first oil change. No it’s nkt Fox or Mopar, sticker clearly writes Pro Comp. i’ll make them have a look at the issue as its kind anoyying it needs to be corrected to maintain a straight line, otherwise it drives great.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bumper

Bumper

First Name
Bumper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler JLU
So, just a final update. I got my jeep back yesterday and the culprit was the Toyo MT tires. They dialed in the alignment as best they could but it wasn't until they put on new tires (General Grabber X3) that the jeep finally didn't pull to the right. SMH who woulda thunk. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. Being a new jeep owner it was nice having some experienced jeepers share their knowledge. Feel free to let me know what tires y'all have on.

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So, just a final update. I got my jeep back yesterday and the culprit was the Toyo MT tires. They dialed in the alignment as best they could but it wasn't until they put on new tires (General Grabber X3) that the jeep finally didn't pull to the right. SMH who woulda thunk. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. Being a new jeep owner it was nice having some experienced jeepers share their knowledge. Feel free to let me know what tires y'all have on.
How are you liking the Grabber X3s? They are on my shortlist. I was concerned about the weight of the 35s and the stiffness of the tire.
Sponsored