All rotopax mount options

RubiconReese

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Drago Jeep Products. This is a 37x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grappler (37” effective diameter). They also have a higher mount version which will clear a Trail Grappler (38” effective diameter).

It is rock solid and over-engineered. Works with the Mopar tailgate reinforcement.

F711BF87-8D63-4E24-9E95-7312FB44CB06.jpeg

View attachment 281033
Do you have a link on where you got this?
Sponsored

overcrawler

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
looks like that location on the side of the tire limits the tailgate from opening fully and the taillight is the bump stop. Neither of which would be ideal.
It’s open more than it looks (Pretty much all the way) and it’s only because I have taillight guards. They offer another high mount version also.

357840C8-C9DB-4676-9C6F-0E6F3DF8E077.jpeg

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
That's a nice set up. I notice they show a 2 gallon Rotopax in their product pics. They also say the max spare tire diameter is 33". Larger tires will cause the Rotopax to contact the tail light before the tail gate is open fully. I use a 3 gallon Rotopax, so I emailed them to ask if this larger Rotopax would contact the tail light, even with 33's. I'll post what they tell me.
So here is Retrofit Offroad's response to my question about the 3 gallon Rotopax:

"Unfortunately we have not tested it with a 3 gallon rotopax so I cannot say 100% if it would contact the taillight or not. We only tested with 2 gallon rotopax as they are the most common size. Sorry I don’t have anymore information for you."

Not terribly helpful. However, a quick check on the Rotopax website shows that the 2 gallon containers are 3" thick. The 3 gallon are 4.5" thick. From a clearance standpoint, mounting a 3 gallon on a 33" tire would be like mounting a 2 gallon on a 36" tire. Since they say tires larger than 33" will cause the Rotopax to contact the tail light, I'd say this product is a no-go (for me, anyway).

overcrawler

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So here is Retrofit Offroad's response to my question about the 3 gallon Rotopax:

"Unfortunately we have not tested it with a 3 gallon rotopax so I cannot say 100% if it would contact the taillight or not. We only tested with 2 gallon rotopax as they are the most common size. Sorry I don’t have anymore information for you."

Not terribly helpful. However, a quick check on the Rotopax website shows that the 2 gallon containers are 3" thick. The 3 gallon are 4.5" thick. From a clearance standpoint, mounting a 3 gallon on a 33" tire would be like mounting a 2 gallon on a 36" tire. Since they say tires larger than 33" will cause the Rotopax to contact the tail light, I'd say this product is a no-go (for me, anyway).
The Drago high mount fits a 3 I believe. The high mount will fit a 38" mounted tire.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU

If you would like, send me your 3 gallon to test in my retrofitoffroad . I only have 2 gallon planning to do a double stack of 2 gallon on it ( maybe gas and water or 2x 2 gallon of gas and not a big deal to me to remove it if I want to fully open the tailgate

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray

Sponsored

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL All rotopax mount options 41F59AD3-2AB6-40A1-B084-9B4EDE83A4E1

Ace Engineering Gatekeeper Rotopax mount. Very sturdy and arrived in great condition.

overcrawler

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s open more than it looks (Pretty much all the way) and it’s only because I have taillight guards. They offer another high mount version also.

Jeep Wrangler JL All rotopax mount options 41F59AD3-2AB6-40A1-B084-9B4EDE83A4E1
Their website is finally up! Lots of cool new products they’re working on also.

Posting this because of all the PM’s.

https://dragojeepproducts.com/

Diaxio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Mojito
im still running the system i have had no issues with it. its sturdy i dont really even notice it on the jeep im so used to it. only cons i can think of is the price and you just have to be carefull not to catch it on a branch or if going thru a tight area where the jeep leans you might hit it. but so far i have not had that issue i have come close
Sponsored