AEV Borah wheels on JL

Iaacosta86

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
@Iaacosta86 Do you have a different tire carrier and how did the back-up camera install go? I was thinking of the JK version as well (though maybe on 35s as I don't plan on lifting), but my only concern is how it mounts to the rear carrier and keeping the camera. And did you purchase separate lugs? Cheers & Good looking Jeep!
I haven’t installed the tire carrier yet, I ordered the evo tire carrier but they are on back order so it’ll probably be a couple weeks before I do the install and combat that issue. The shop I purchased my lift from told me they have done quite a few JL with JK specific wheels and they’ve had very minor issues making it work. So at this point I’m not too concerned. I did purchase slimmer lug nuts because the JL stock wheels used oversized lug nuts and won’t work with the AEV JK wheels
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t installed the tire carrier yet, I ordered the evo tire carrier but they are on back order so it’ll probably be a couple weeks before I do the install and combat that issue. The shop I purchased my lift from told me they have done quite a few JL with JK specific wheels and they’ve had very minor issues making it work. So at this point I’m not too concerned. I did purchase slimmer lug nuts because the JL stock wheels used oversized lug nuts and won’t work with the AEV JK wheels
I am looking at something like one of these to see if it lets the wheel work on the stock carrier.

White Knight Wheel Accessories 602-2 5/16" Aluminum 5x4.5"-5" Wheel Spacer 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CLYZZ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_VHzxDb43FQNSE

or

Wilwood 300-10716 Wheel Spacer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CM1PRNK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_iJzxDb2FNEFMA

Iaacosta86

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I am looking at something like one of these to see if it lets the wheel work on the stock carrier.

White Knight Wheel Accessories 602-2 5/16" Aluminum 5x4.5"-5" Wheel Spacer 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CLYZZ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_VHzxDb43FQNSE

or

Wilwood 300-10716 Wheel Spacer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CM1PRNK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_iJzxDb2FNEFMA

Using those spacers will only shove the wheel out and the camera in. Depending on what wheels your planning on running you might not see anything from the back up camera when you run spacers

Keycub

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon
Anyone know Torque specs on lug nuts for Borah wheels? Jeep recommends 130 on stock. Seems high.

Hopsl

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Did you ever get the JK wheel to work with the JL camera?

Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know Torque specs on lug nuts for Borah wheels? Jeep recommends 130 on stock. Seems high.
I know this is an old post, but in case anyone new is looking for this info, you would torque to 130FT-lbs. The torque spec is not based on the wheel used.

The JK version will work with the JL camera, it is just a tight fit. I have seen it used on a completely stock carrier.

I have the JK AEV borah wheels with the Motobilt carrier and use the stock camera mount and locking camera cover.

Iaacosta86

First Name
Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Sure did. There’s a little cover that goes on over the camera. I ended up sanding the base down till it went through the wheel bore. But it’ll fit even without that cover

7B47AFC2-CEF6-496A-A42D-2FBE22266FA9.jpeg

Jas0n

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Just purchased these wheels in the onyx color! Anyone have recommendations for new lugs?

Sponsored

MntsRcalln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 Dodge Ram Bighorn, 1990 Totoya 4x4 Mod
I've seen one, but anyone else running the JL version with a Teraflex spacer lift? Issues?

AJ CJ5

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 CJ5, 2020 JLUR, Harley Road Glide ST & FXFBS
Occupation
Explosives.
I have had my heart set on Method 312 bronze for my JLUR right hand drive. But down here in Australia we get smashed for having wheels outside the guards. The 312’s have a 4.75bs 0 offset. Would have been good on the old JK but too wide on the rubicon JL. For street use.. The borah offset is perfect and is now making me reconsider.

I have a 2.5 AEV lift coming so sticking with the Borah wheel seems fitting..

Pic for reference from forum member echo17

F9CE0A3F-F1E1-4F23-89CD-ECDD84108AFD.jpeg

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
It seems the aftermarket wheel companies are slow to come out with offsets for the JL Rubicon that keep the tires under the fender flares. There are a few here and there. I’m going to use a +25mm XD131 with a 315/70/17 K02. The tread block will stick out about 0.3”.
Sponsored