ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
OK @Sarapicos JL @19SILJLU and @Dr Evil how's the AEV lift so far? Any comments, complaints, or praises? What tire sizes are you guys running?
Looking for some feedback on this before I pull the trigger.
Thanks!

19SILJLU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimted Sahara
OK @Sarapicos JL @19SILJLU and @Dr Evil how's the AEV lift so far? Any comments, complaints, or praises? What tire sizes are you guys running?
Thanks!
Mine is sitting and waiting till the 17th when I can get it installed. I'll post pics after it's on and let you know how it rides.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is sitting and waiting till the 17th when I can get it installed. I'll post pics after it's on and let you know how it rides.
Thanks for the reply and looking forward to your post.
Best of luck with the install.

KarnaughMI

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
2019 JLUR and I just finished installing the AEV 2.5" DualSport with 17" Pintlers. Rides very nice (hoping the new steering stabilizer helps the "wandering" that was there before the lift). Went back and forth on tires, have always had great luck crawling my '12 with a 3.5" AEV using BFG MT KM2s, but got a helluva great price on the Mickey Baja Boss's. So far a little more road noise than what I remember from the BFG MTs. Almost went with BFG ATs for the 80% of the driving we normally do as this is a dd for my wife or I (whoever calls it first).

So far, rides great. No death wobble, have to spend this weekend re-torquing everything. Definitely feels taller than 2.5" + 37s. My wife noticed a little more leg lift is needed to get in compared to the '12 with 3.5" and 35s.

Taking her to the UK for my 3 year tour ... family and I are excited about the opportunities to take her around and explore!

-Tom

So far:
LOD Signature Sliders
Rancho front diff skid
Rancho rear control arm/shock sliders
Metalcloak rear diff slider
Metalcloak FAD skid and stabilizer relocation
EVO MFG Engine/Trans and Exhaust Loop Skid
Spiderwebshade Sunshade
AEV 2.5" DualSport RT suspension
AEV 17" Pintlers
Mickey-Thompson Baja Boss 37x12.5.x17
Teraflex Tire Carrier
67D Phone Mount
Bartact Paracord Grab Handles
Weathertech floor mats

Coming Soon:
Yeti Front Track Bar
Yeti Steering Stabilizer
Winch (TBD)

JLUR_Side3.JPG

JLUR_Side1.JPG

JLUR_Side2.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hayseed_JLUR

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Looks good!

That is the set-up I am considering. Can you measure to the top of the LOD step (platform part) now so I can gauge the increase - I have the same slider. Also, can you paint yours sting gray so I get a better pic on how it would really look?

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
2019 JLUR and I just finished installing the AEV 2.5" DualSport with 17" Pintlers. Rides very nice (hoping the new steering stabilizer helps the "wandering" that was there before the lift). Went back and forth on tires, have always had great luck crawling my '12 with a 3.5" AEV using BFG MT KM2s, but got a helluva great price on the Mickey Baja Boss's. So far a little more road noise than what I remember from the BFG MTs. Almost went with BFG ATs for the 80% of the driving we normally do as this is a dd for my wife or I (whoever calls it first).

So far, rides great. No death wobble, have to spend this weekend re-torquing everything. Definitely feels taller than 2.5" + 37s. My wife noticed a little more leg lift is needed to get in compared to the '12 with 3.5" and 35s.

Taking her to the UK for my 3 year tour ... family and I are excited about the opportunities to take her around and explore!

-Tom

So far:
LOD Signature Sliders
Rancho front diff skid
Rancho rear control arm/shock sliders
Metalcloak rear diff slider
Metalcloak FAD skid and stabilizer relocation
EVO MFG Engine/Trans and Exhaust Loop Skid
Spiderwebshade Sunshade
AEV 2.5" DualSport RT suspension
AEV 17" Pintlers
Mickey-Thompson Baja Boss 37x12.5.x17
Teraflex Tire Carrier
67D Phone Mount
Bartact Paracord Grab Handles
Weathertech floor mats

Coming Soon:
Yeti Front Track Bar
Yeti Steering Stabilizer
Winch (TBD)

JLUR_Side3.JPG

JLUR_Side1.JPG

JLUR_Side2.JPG
Check the UK's safety standards and make sure all your mods are legal there. I was stationed there a while back and there were people with their vehicles in storage for the whole time because they couldn't pass the very strict safety inspections which you will have to pass to licence your vehicle. Also know that you will most likely have to change out your headlights because they drive on the incorrect side of the road. You will also need a place to mount the ridiculously long license plates. Just some things to consider.

KarnaughMI

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Hayseed - I'll get those measurements tomorrow. I'll check the local stores for paint ... may not be enough! ;)

ExitLeft - I didn't use the ProSnap, going with a Tazer. I cannot stand the TPMS going off and the ProSnap doesn't adjust for TPMS.

JimLee - I know they have the smaller plate options available which are about the size of a US plate and that is what the guy I am replacing has on his Sahara (no mods). AEV just got a distributor approved in the UK, I have been talking to them and a few fellows from the UK Jeep Club. Besides headlights, most of them think the tires/wheels could be an issue. We are bringing the factory wheels with us and will swap them out if the MOT fails due to that. I cannot find anything that shows the skids or rock rails would violate, but the sites are not that helpful. Do you have any suggestions for where to look to check and verify?

Thanks,
Tom

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
ExitLeft - I didn't use the ProSnap, going with a Tazer. I cannot stand the TPMS going off and the ProSnap doesn't adjust for TPMS.

Thanks,
Tom
Wait....WHAT??!! ProCal Snap doesn't adjust TPMS? Wow! I just assumed it did. I had a quick look at the manual for it and, by gosh, you're right. I have 34" tires on now and I have a Tazer JL, but haven't used it yet because I didn't want to be bothered disconnecting it on the odd chance the dealership flashed an update and buggers it up. I read the ProCal Snap isn't affected by that and I thought that was just the ticket. plus the bonus is it's included with the AEV lift I'm considering. Oh well.

Thanks for the info and good luck with the JL in the UK. My wife is English and we go to the UK often. I don't recall seeing many Wranglers at all over then and definitely not any lifted. The MOT is pretty strict from what I've seen my brother-in-law going through just trying to get an old fiat panda diesel through MOT. With an AEV distributer opening up shop over there, like you said, you're best bet would be to speak with them it.

Sponsored

KarnaughMI

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Hayseed -- measured on the driveway in the same orientation as my photo. I measured it to the top of the square tubing front and rear (not to the "step"). Still has the slight decline of the driveway.

Front - 21.5"
Rear - 22.25"

I imagine on level ground it will get close to having a rear rake.

-Tom

OP
OP
Hayseed_JLUR

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Hayseed -- measured on the driveway in the same orientation as my photo. I measured it to the top of the square tubing front and rear (not to the "step"). Still has the slight decline of the driveway.

Front - 21.5"
Rear - 22.25"

I imagine on level ground it will get close to having a rear rake.

-Tom
I have the soft top with a heavy winch in the front bumper. Looks like I would get about 3.5" from the lift - assuming same results as you. Do not want more than 2.5-3". Will need to go out and but something heavy for the Jeep...

Good news is that the AEV will settle down as you drive it.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
....Do not want more than 2.5-3". Will need to go out and but something heavy for the Jeep...
I like how you think;)
Well, I've got front and rear RockHard 4x4 steel bumpers front and rear (waiting to install) and I'm looking at this AEV lift to handle the weight. Between the bumpers, skid plates, and rock rails I'm sure I've added about 500 lbs of steel.

Sarapicos JL

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thanks!
Very happy camper with my AEV 2.5 setup... I also went ahead and installed the Steer Smarts components including tie rod, drag links and trackbar... did I say I am a very happy camper???

For tires, I kept the stock Rubicon wheels but upgraded to the KO2 315/70R17 and it is just right for my intended use.