Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, just put on adjustable track arms front and rear to center up axles because my 2” Mopar lift is more like 3” to 3.5” lift. And I put adjustable lower control arms to adjust caster. Got it all done put it on alignment rack and camber is off. What could have caused it, and is there a way to adjust it, or if I adjust in more positive caster will that help?
Thanks
Roky.
Sponsored

ckor

First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Hey guys, just put on adjustable track arms front and rear to center up axles because my 2” Mopar lift is more like 3” to 3.5” lift. And I put adjustable lower control arms to adjust caster. Got it all done put it on alignment rack and camber is off. What could have caused it, and is there a way to adjust it, or if I adjust in more positive caster will that help?
Thanks
Roky.
I’m hearing setting castor to about 6.1 works well.

ckor

First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Can you adjust that much in without putting to much tilt on driveshaft?
The driveshaft doesn’t spin like on the JK. It only spins when in 4wd. I can’t say for sure if it would do damage. I am waiting for some parts so I can adjust mine. I’ve read the higher number helps with the wobble a lot of people are getting including myself. Time will tell.

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
Have you checked your ball joints.... I haven't modified the JL's suspension yet (waiting on more suspension options), so I haven't experience any of these issues that people are having. Is there something that is loose or off from the factory Dana's to create the issues that some are reporting.

My question is the shimmy or DW inherent in the design and being exacerbated by stress... larger/heavier tire/wheels combinations, wheeling hard?

The diff with the JL over the JK is that a lot of people are going right to 37's and larger.... More stress on a new, unknown front axle.

Dank

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can you clarify your question? you mention both caster and camber (two very different things) adjustments.

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
Total speculation on my part, but are some trying to add caster to overcome camber issues? There are camber correction kits that can compensate a degree or so for the Dana 44, but not sure if it would work in the new design.
Sponsored