Adding rubicon fender flares with LED

TexaClone

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
Tazer JL update definitely makes me want to get a set of Rubicon fenders for my Sport now:

Update 11.1.4 | 09.03.19
  • Available for Auto Download
DOWNLOAD
  • Added DTC (Engine codes) readout
  • Fixed ā€œClear DTCā€ function to have more comprehensive coverage
  • Greatly improved ESS memory function reliability
  • Added Dual Climate control setting for those upgrading from 5ā€³ radio to 7 or 8.4 and swapping in the center stack switch assembly with volume knobs
  • Fixed Winch Mode
  • Fixed Halo Enable function
  • Added ability for Rubicon fenders DRLā€™s to be used on Sport

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I just wanna be sure it works before I ditch the flashcal for the tazer.

OC4X4

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLUR
I havenā€™t done any programming to LED and so far, for the last 3 hours, they have been working fine. I wonder when they will stop working. Anyone have an idea or experience with this?
I know its been while. I just swapped the fender flare lights on my Rubicon from halogen to LED. The amber turn signals stopped working soon after I would start it and I got the notice in my dash. The white DRL LEDs work OK.

However, after 24hrs the LEDs started working properly, dash alert went away. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'm trying to avoid paying for programing (Dealer attempt , buy Tazer, or buy JScan).

Did yours continue to work?

Sponsored

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 20 JLUS with OEM LEDs front and rear. My halos come on in auto. I want to add the Rubicon LED fenders for the DRL. Will i need the tazer or code to get the fender DRL to work with my halos?

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
I have a 20 JLUS with OEM LEDs front and rear. My halos come on in auto. I want to add the Rubicon LED fenders for the DRL. Will i need the tazer or code to get the fender DRL to work with my halos?
Yes you will need a programmer to upgrade the fenders to OEM LEDS. Many have used the Tazer and some (including me) have used Jscan app. Here's a recent post with Jscan details:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...mming-led-rubicon-fenders-to-my-willys.51490/

If you already have the two-bulb halogen fenders you don't need to enable the dedicated DRL's and dropouts, just change them to activate LED,

For the most part people don't seem to have good luck with dealers trying to change programming for fender lights. They seem ok with headlights and fogs though....strange.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
So just to confirm.... in a sport assuming i flash with the tazer for DRLs,

Upgrading to led fenders, will the DRL function when the headlight switch is set to off since thereā€™s no auto mode? Or do i need to wire a 12v power wire to an aux switch like i plan to do so for the led headlights?

I was under the impression my sport had a different wiring harness coming from the bcm and that Iā€™d need to wire 12v power to the leds in the fenders.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
So just to confirm.... in a sport assuming i flash with the tazer for DRLs,

Upgrading to led fenders, will the DRL function when the headlight switch is set to off since thereā€™s no auto mode? Or do i need to wire a 12v power wire to an aux switch like i plan to do so for the led headlights?

I was under the impression my sport had a different wiring harness coming from the bcm and that Iā€™d need to wire 12v power to the leds in the fenders.
You may be able to pull your inner fender back and verify the harness going to plug has 5 wires. My 2018 Sport S had proper wire. Just plugged in LED DRLs and programmed with Tazer and everything works great. Also - with my switch turned to off (although I have auto) the DRLs come on.

LanceM

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigredpawdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2d
Occupation
System Admin
Just updated my superchip... Before the best I could do was get the orange lights on as daytime running lights... Tried many times/updates over the last year, but this thread sparked me to do try again. Ran the update, went out and BLAM... White DRLs!!!

Sponsored

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Has anyone on this thread ran into buying nĆ©e rubicon fenders that the harness end,(the part that plugs into the inner fender ) is cut off? Iā€™ve spent hours trying to find the part number or what to buy and I canā€™t . Any help would be greatly appreciated

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone on this thread ran into buying nĆ©e rubicon fenders that the harness end,(the part that plugs into the inner fender ) is cut off? Iā€™ve spent hours trying to find the part number or what to buy and I canā€™t . Any help would be greatly appreciated
Here is a couple threads with part numbers to replace plug.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sahara-rubicon-led-drl-harness-help.20312/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/non-led-to-led-fender-light-question.19173/page-2

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I got extremely lucky! I went to the dealer I used to sell jeeps at for three years and the head parts guy went in the back and they literally had two full brand new led fender wiring harnesses pulled off from a custom jeep build and he was like here pretend you werenā€™t here and I bounced šŸ˜‚

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I got extremely lucky! I went to the dealer I used to sell jeeps at for three years and the head parts guy went in the back and they literally had two full brand new led fender wiring harnesses pulled off from a custom jeep build and he was like here pretend you werenā€™t here and I bounced šŸ˜‚
VERY lucky
Sponsored