Sponsored

Adding remote start to Uconnect

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My Rubicon didn't come with remote start from factory so I ordered the Mopar/OEM remote start kit and dealer got it installed. Everything is working great but I noticed it hasn't updated on Uconnect. I have the 8.4 unit and it works over the app to lock/unlock.

Hard to find a lot of posts on this but I ended up digging up some older posts off a Ram forum and it sounds like unless the vehicle came from factory with remote start then I won't be able to ever do it through the uconnect app? Only the fobiks?

Can anyone confirm this also applies to our JL's? Ultimately I'm just happy to have remote start but a little bummed if I won't ever be able to do it through uconnect.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The info you've found is correct.

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
My Rubicon didn't come with remote start from factory so I ordered the Mopar/OEM remote start kit and dealer got it installed. Everything is working great but I noticed it hasn't updated on Uconnect. I have the 8.4 unit and it works over the app to lock/unlock.

Hard to find a lot of posts on this but I ended up digging up some older posts off a Ram forum and it sounds like unless the vehicle came from factory with remote start then I won't be able to ever do it through the uconnect app? Only the fobiks?

Can anyone confirm this also applies to our JL's? Ultimately I'm just happy to have remote start but a little bummed if I won't ever be able to do it through uconnect.
Where did you buy your mopar remote start from? How much did dealer charge to install and new fobs?

OP
OP
BeerMeBruh

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Where did you buy your mopar remote start from? How much did dealer charge to install and new fobs?
I ordered through the dealership, it was $325 which is about what I was finding online for the kit. And then labor was $125, install took just under an hour.

You could do aftermarket cheaper, I just went with OEM for the simplicity and so I can just carry the one fobik and no extra remotes.

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
I ordered through the dealership, it was $325 which is about what I was finding online for the kit. And then labor was $125, install took just under an hour.

You could do aftermarket cheaper, I just went with OEM for the simplicity and so I can just carry the one fobik and no extra remotes.
Awesome thanks I want the oem as well. Did you have to get new fobs?

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Just a heads up, I called uconnect customer service to get my Jeep added to my account so I can remote start it from the app like I do on my other uconnect vehicle, but she said it's not available to me, because I only have 5 inches :(

I'm guessing the 7" and up head units has a wireless network it's always uconnected to

OP
OP
BeerMeBruh

BeerMeBruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just a heads up, I called uconnect customer service to get my Jeep added to my account so I can remote start it from the app like I do on my other uconnect vehicle, but she said it's not available to me, because I only have 5 inches :(

I'm guessing the 7" and up head units has a wireless network it's always uconnected to
Yeah they do, I have the 8.4" and was gonna call them buy never did. I was told they can't add it all unless it came from factory with remote start.

Corey_schissler

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 BEACH Edition wrangler Unlimited
Build Thread
Link

Did you figure out a solution

Sponsored

Corey_schissler

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 BEACH Edition wrangler Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Yeah they do, I have the 8.4" and was gonna call them buy never did. I was told they can't add it all unless it came from factory with remote start.
Did you ever figure out a solution?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Did you ever figure out a solution?
One person that you asked hasn't been on the forum in two years and the other has been banned. Just so you know that they aren't ignoring you.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
I had the dealer add the sales code to my 2024 JLU VIN, but it still doesn’t show on the Jeep aka unconnect app. The sales rep. Said if the dealer adds the sales code it should show. Has anyone had success with this issue?
Sponsored