Uconnect 8.4 remote start?

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Working well for me as well! I looked up pricing and it’s $25 a month for the service (didn’t see a yearly cost). It is also part of the overall Sirius subscription, so I’m hoping for a package deal after the 1 year is up.
Sponsored

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Uconnect app, you sign up to Jeep owner then download Uconnect app and use that login (on the Jeep owner site register your Vin). Works great except in u deerhound parking and garages.

Here’s some pics, again park outside of garage, open area for it to work.

Actually the Uconnect component will alway be free, so lock and unlock etc will be free, I believe the veihicle reports is part of the subscription

8E8EA587-AE96-4954-B387-FC18355F8BA2.png

342A98EB-B392-41EB-97C7-762FDE6A16CC.png
How do you make it update the vehicle information? Mine updated a few days ago and hasn’t updated since

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
Would be nice if you could also turn on the heat, seat warmers, and rear defroster while you’re at it...

For those who have it, does the ignition turn off when you open the door or something like that, or can you just get in with they key and drive away? I ask because one of our current cars turns off when you open the door after a remote start, requiring the key to re-start it to actually drive. You can turn the rear defroster on remotely though.

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Would be nice if you could also turn on the heat, seat warmers, and rear defroster while you’re at it...

For those who have it, does the ignition turn off when you open the door or something like that, or can you just get in with they key and drive away? I ask because one of our current cars turns off when you open the door after a remote start, requiring the key to re-start it to actually drive. You can turn the rear defroster on remotely though.
I believe it adjusts heating and cooling automatically based on outdoor temperatures, including heated seats as well as vented seats. It’s listed in the owners manual.

The car does not shut off when the door is opened, but you can’t put it in drive without pressing the start button which puts in drive. The key needs to be present for that to happen.

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
I believe it adjusts heating and cooling automatically based on outdoor temperatures, including heated seats as well as vented seats. It’s listed in the owners manual.

The car does not shut off when the door is opened, but you can’t put it in drive without pressing the start button which puts in drive. The key needs to be present for that to happen.
Sweet, thanks!

Sponsored

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
What if the night before, I forgot to turn off my wipers. Will the remote start also start the wipers back up? I'm worried that when frozen or covered with snow that I would break them off
I can confirm that if the wipers are on and you turn the car off, then remote start the car, the wipers do not activate until you push it to start.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
So it says on my Mopar dashboard that my trial has expired. The trial is good for one year right? This may be the reason why it never works for me. I will try and contact customer support but anyone else going through this?

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
So it says on my Mopar dashboard that my trial has expired. The trial is good for one year right? This may be the reason why it never works for me. I will try and contact customer support but anyone else going through this?
Mine says the same thing, but it works. It took about 8 hours to officially activate, but the website, over a week later, still says expired.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Mine says the same thing, but it works. It took about 8 hours to officially activate, but the website, over a week later, still says expired.
Yeah it took a whole week for my info to come up and then it said it was activated. I checked two days later and it said it was expired. I believe it's been over a week and still says the same thing

Ajn13

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Kind of a stupid question (I haven’t been able to find out for sure on my own) can anyone confirm if this feature is only available with the upgraded infotainment system? I did add remote start option to my build but didn’t upgrade the infotainment pkg.

Sponsored

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
Yeah it took a whole week for my info to come up and then it said it was activated. I checked two days later and it said it was expired. I believe it's been over a week and still says the same thing
Mine did the same th8ng. I called Sirius and they said it was something with uconnect servers, but my account was active. They did have me reset everything and it took 2 days for everything to sync up. But it still showed expired then active.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Mine did the same th8ng. I called Sirius and they said it was something with uconnect servers, but my account was active. They did have me reset everything and it took 2 days for everything to sync up. But it still showed expired then active.
Yeah I checked yesterday and it was active again. I haven't tried the app but when does it actually work? If it only works when it's parked right in front of your house, that is pretty useless IMO. It says you need a strong connection. I've tried it a couple of times when I'm about 1/2 mile away from it in the train and it always fails. What's the purpose then? It should be like the Chevy app where you can start your vehicle from anywhere in the states lol

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
Yeah I checked yesterday and it was active again. I haven't tried the app but when does it actually work? If it only works when it's parked right in front of your house, that is pretty useless IMO. It says you need a strong connection. I've tried it a couple of times when I'm about 1/2 mile away from it in the train and it always fails. What's the purpose then? It should be like the Chevy app where you can start your vehicle from anywhere in the states lol
It uses cellular service so as long as you are in good cell coverage area, you should have no issue. I’ve started mine from my office on the 4th floor with no isssue. In theory, you jeep could be anywhere and lock the doors or start it up, as long as the Jeep is in an area with cellular service. It sounds like you may have an antenna issue with your uconnect system.

What I would do is turn in your hotspot service and in the top rightish I think you will see the cellular strength.

jayz235

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sahara
There are settings within uConnect app on the vehicle that you can turn on/off additional remote start steps. In my Sahara, besides the obvious heat coming on, I have the driver heated seat activate (passenger seat is not an option), heated steering wheel, and rear defrost all come on when remote starting.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Ok...on the subject of UConnect, everything just got activated today. I can start the vehicle via my computer/internet, but on my page it says it can't retrieve the data for the health reports. Also, when I bring up the app on my phone, it says that there is no vehicle under my login...lol Tell that to the UConnect page!...it shows the JLU with the correct VIN. Is this just a time issue for everything to get populated into all the databases and servers?
Sponsored