Uconnect 8.4 remote start?

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
Ok...on the subject of UConnect, everything just got activated today. I can start the vehicle via my computer/internet, but on my page it says it can't retrieve the data for the health reports. Also, when I bring up the app on my phone, it says that there is no vehicle under my login...lol Tell that to the UConnect page!...it shows the JLU with the correct VIN. Is this just a time issue for everything to get populated into all the databases and servers?
What phone do you have? If Apple, make sure you have the Uconnect (blue icon not the black). I think the black one is Uconnect Access and that one does not work.
Sponsored

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
There are settings within uConnect app on the vehicle that you can turn on/off additional remote start steps. In my Sahara, besides the obvious heat coming on, I have the driver heated seat activate (passenger seat is not an option), heated steering wheel, and rear defrost all come on when remote starting.
Where are these settings? I haven’t been able to find them.

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I’ve had my Jeep 6 days. Tried to activate my service today and they said they can not verify my VIN and that they would have to escalate the problem. I asked if it was a FCA problem, Sirius problem, or was it a dealer problem? They said it was on their side. So I’m confused. They said they would call me back.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
What phone do you have? If Apple, make sure you have the Uconnect (blue icon not the black). I think the black one is Uconnect Access and that one does not work.
Yep...same issue with Android. Downloaded the other app and it works great.

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had my Jeep 6 days. Tried to activate my service today and they said they can not verify my VIN and that they would have to escalate the problem. I asked if it was a FCA problem, Sirius problem, or was it a dealer problem? They said it was on their side. So I’m confused. They said they would call me back.
Give it time. It takes a while for the VIN to register to you as the owner. It took more than a week for me to finally activate the services.

drock317

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue
Hello I'm a New Jeep Owner 2018 Sahara JL. I've only had it for 2days, I tried using the remote start and it gives the message (Remote start cancelled, Door Open) but we've checked all doors and they are ALL shut tightly. ?? Please Help
did you resolve this ? I took my doors off and back on and now r Remote start doesn't work. Same error as you. I shut them all and no red light showing door ajar.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@drock317

Disconnect each door and visually inspect the pins in the connectors. Sounds like a pin is bent, missing. You may have damaged the connector when you put the doors/connectors back. You may be able straighten a pin but if a pin say falls out, the connector will have to be replaced.

We had another forum member or two, have the issue of something not working (door lock, mirror) after door removal.

Leticia29

First Name
Leticia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
did you resolve this ? I took my doors off and back on and now r Remote start doesn't work. Same error as you. I shut them all and no red light showing door ajar.
Hey good morning, yeesss it was fixed, I had to take it back to the dealer and it was a wire harness that was cut in the driver door. So you may definitely have to take it back for a few days for them to fix it. Hope this helps! Good Luck

skleiner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sport S JL - Sting Grey
Can someone answer some questions for me please...

I have a 2 door Sport S with UConnect 3 (the shitty little screen) is there anyway I can use this?

What If I upgrade my screen to a 7'? I have all the parts probably going to tackle that this weekend but figured I'd ask if I get this feature...

Sponsored

drock317

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS - Ocean Blue
Hey good morning, yeesss it was fixed, I had to take it back to the dealer and it was a wire harness that was cut in the driver door. So you may definitely have to take it back for a few days for them to fix it. Hope this helps! Good Luck
Luckily my was user error. I didn't get the plug all the way back in and snapped into the hardness. It worked it's way out. Had the doors off last few days and put em back on tonight and plugged everything in it's working again. Thanks everyone.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Can someone answer some questions for me please...

I have a 2 door Sport S with UConnect 3 (the shitty little screen) is there anyway I can use this?

What If I upgrade my screen to a 7'? I have all the parts probably going to tackle that this weekend but figured I'd ask if I get this feature...
+1 I’m in the same boat. Will this work for us peasants with 5 inches?
Sponsored