Sponsored

Uconnect 8.4 remote start?

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
How much does this cost after the 1st free year?
I have to look at menu again it was like 300 per year I want to say, I'll look. I'll use it for a year though anyway..

Sara64

First Name
Sara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Husband has 2014 Wrangler Unlimited. It has remote start on key fob. Is there an aftermarket something that he can use his smart phone to start the Jeep from far away? ( something like OnStar)

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
The U-Connect system has their version of "On Star" , called Gaurdian,, I think. It's free for a year,, just have to download and set up the app. (I know that's for 8.4 Touch screen,, not sure if that free year comes with other audio options....)

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
FYI, there are 2 different apps that work for the UConnect guardian for IOS
IMG_8768.jpg

The one on the left will do the remote functions but does not have an Apple watch app. The one on the right does all the remote functions plus gives you ability to view air pressure, gas gauge, etc remotely, and this is the one with the Apple Watch App. Note that both have horrible reviews (1.5-1.8 stars of 5) but I have not had any problem with any function and have tried them all multiple times (in my long one week experience with the JL).

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
When I try to set up the guardian through the car screen, I enter my email and it says it has been sent but I never receive it. I tried calling the customer care number and they say they can’t activate my vin. Have people successfully activated the feee trial yet?

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (Only missing Proxy) / 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 6.4" Box w/eTorque
Occupation
Engineer
Uconnect app, you sign up to Jeep owner then download Uconnect app and use that login (on the Jeep owner site register your Vin). Works great except in u deerhound parking and garages.

Here’s some pics, again park outside of garage, open area for it to work.

Actually the Uconnect component will alway be free, so lock and unlock etc will be free, I believe the veihicle reports is part of the subscription

8E8EA587-AE96-4954-B387-FC18355F8BA2.png

342A98EB-B392-41EB-97C7-762FDE6A16CC.png

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was finally able to work. I guess it took time for the system to recognize a new owner to the VIN I provided. My Mopar also now works and gives me all of my Jeep Wave information (this wasn't working since i got it). I don't have the keyless proximity sensor but my auto start still works from my phone. Awesome features.

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
Hello I'm a New Jeep Owner 2018 Sahara JL. I've only had it for 2days, I tried using the remote start and it gives the message (Remote start cancelled, Door Open) but we've checked all doors and they are ALL shut tightly. ?? Please Help
Mine did the same thing, but my tail gate wasn’t completely shut, even though it looked like it.

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
FYI, there are 2 different apps that work for the UConnect guardian for IOS
IMG_8768.jpg

The one on the left will do the remote functions but does not have an Apple watch app. The one on the right does all the remote functions plus gives you ability to view air pressure, gas gauge, etc remotely, and this is the one with the Apple Watch App. Note that both have horrible reviews (1.5-1.8 stars of 5) but I have not had any problem with any function and have tried them all multiple times (in my long one week experience with the JL).
I saw those reviews too. Mine has worked great so far. I do have about a 30 - 45second delay. But other than that, works great. And I really like the Apple Watch integration too. But I’ve only had my JLU for a couple of days

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was finally able to work. I guess it took time for the system to recognize a new owner to the VIN I provided. My Mopar also now works and gives me all of my Jeep Wave information (this wasn't working since i got it). I don't have the keyless proximity sensor but my auto start still works from my phone. Awesome features.
Actually so far it’s only working when the car is literally in front of my house. Last night I parked around the street and I never got it to work.

Sloxkhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangjer JL Rubicon
Actually so far it’s only working when the car is literally in front of my house. Last night I parked around the street and I never got it to work.
That’s weird. I got mine to work at the grocery store and some other places. Keep in mind I think people thought something was wrong with me standing out in the parking lot playing with my phone and making the Jeep lock, unlock then starting LOL

It does take longer at my house because I have crappy cell service at my house

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
so which app do we install for Android?

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
it's Uconnect or Uconnect guardian. Mine only worked successfully once, so I gave up on it.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
Apple UConnect app still 100% for me through watch or phone (have used several times each day for past 3 weeks.)
Sponsored