Sponsored

Adding Remote Start

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
The temps are starting to drop and i did not order my Jeep with remote start. I have seen threads where the factory system was added. Is that the best way to go? Are there aftermarkets systems that work with the Jeep keyfob?
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
+1 for the Start-X, I watched a couple different remote start install videos on youtube and the start-x one looked the easiest.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
I have the remote start kit from 12 volt solutions (gift from my uncle to me). I installed it myself, very easy. Does need to send back the unit to the company for them to program stage 2 (you program stage 1 yourself), but one received back works wonderfully. Works with your oem key fob, no need for dealer programming, and the one I bought also includes the app module, which allows it to be remotely start with your phone. Since I'm using iphone, that means I can remote start my JL with my apple watch.

https://www.12volt.solutions/collec...-play-remote-start-kit?variant=32088004001895

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I have the remote start kit from 12 volt solutions (gift from my uncle to me). I installed it myself, very easy. Does need to send back the unit to the company for them to program stage 2 (you program stage 1 yourself), but one received back works wonderfully. Works with your oem key fob, no need for dealer programming, and the one I bought also includes the app module, which allows it to be remotely start with your phone. Since I'm using iphone, that means I can remote start my JL with my apple watch.

https://www.12volt.solutions/collec...-play-remote-start-kit?variant=32088004001895
Having to send my unit back for programming or paying extra to do it over online same day is what turned me away from those. I don't know why they couldn't just go the idatalink.com route and have us program it ourselves
Sponsored