First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Medical Student
Ok so I upgraded my kick panels to 6.5”JL audios. I also ordered JBL club tweeters for the dash, JL audio stealthbox, JL audio XD/700 5 with a bracket to mount it under the seat. My question is I am not sure what to do with the sound bar. I currently have the upgraded alpines in it but have been seeing people install the SSV works bracket to upgrade to 6.5” speakers there. Is this work it or should I just find a pair of 4.5” and 3.5” speakers for the sound bar? I am having a hard time finding anything that is plug n play for the soundbar speakers
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Ok so I upgraded my kick panels to 6.5”JL audios. I also ordered JBL club tweeters for the dash, JL audio stealthbox, JL audio XD/700 5 with a bracket to mount it under the seat. My question is I am not sure what to do with the sound bar. I currently have the upgraded alpines in it but have been seeing people install the SSV works bracket to upgrade to 6.5” speakers there. Is this work it or should I just find a pair of 4.5” and 3.5” speakers for the sound bar? I am having a hard time finding anything that is plug n play for the soundbar speakers
Why would you use multiple speaker brands rather than matching them? They will all have a different voice...

As to the sound bar, that is the least critical as it is simply there for fill. IMHO I would use the same speakers that you put into the kick panels. Going to 6.5" will require some modification and I would recommend damping as well as isolation work to keep the sound bar from ringing against the sport bars.

:dunno:

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Student
Why would you use multiple speaker brands rather than matching them? They will all have a different voice...

As to the sound bar, that is the least critical as it is simply there for fill. IMHO I would use the same speakers that you put into the kick panels. Going to 6.5" will require some modification and I would recommend damping as well as isolation work to keep the sound bar from ringing against the sport bars.

I used those tweeters for ease of installation, they are plug n play. I dont really think I’ll notice much of a difference. As for the sound bar its already deadened and polyfilled already. I have heard from some people saying upgrading to the 6.5” on the soundbar sounded much better so I’ll prob go that route.

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel

I ran mismatched speakers for years in a system that I had. Even did fairly well in competition. You might like the sound of the tweeter from 1 manufacturer but not like their mid bass so choose something else. In my case I blew 2 sets of mids because I was over powering them so went to a different brand that would handle my requirements.

madmax71470

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler unlimited sport s
Thankful for the thread, and all of the useful information. Thanks guys.
Question, I used the resistor trick non amplified base system (successfully I thought) until winter came.
Radio comes on but no sound below 35ish degrees all four channels.
5 to 10 minutes running with some heat coming through, I shut it down, open door, wait for time out to get the reboot and all is good, sound again.
I measured the 47 ohm resistor (spare ones) at 48 ohms at room temp, put in freezer for a few minutes, and then again for 20 minutes was expecting a slight change in ohms with the cold but only saw maybe .1 ohm change. Any ideas? Feeding a DS18 V5HL 5-Channel Line Out Converter, and a couple amps. ds18 uses signal sense to turn on.
Somehow I need to test the ds18 auto signal sense capabilities when cold.

Sponsored

Ateam1

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OB 2018 JLU SAHARA
i just installed 3.5 Kickers in dash and the 6.5 kickers in sound bar with the ssv brackets. huge difference so far in sound, when it warms up ill do the knee speakers and take it from there. i jusy learned difference between component and full range, i like to keep it simple to less is more for me

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Student
I just saw a post where someone says the stealthbox gets in the way of the soft top when its put down. I couldn’t dig up any other info on this. Does anyone know if this is true? I ask because I ordered the stealthbox but run a soft top and will have to look for other options if this is the case.

SG19JLUR

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I just saw a post where someone says the stealthbox gets in the way of the soft top when its put down. I couldn’t dig up any other info on this. Does anyone know if this is true? I ask because I ordered the stealthbox but run a soft top and will have to look for other options if this is the case.
I don't think it gets in the way of the soft top itself, but it gets in the way of a cargo cover that a lot of people run when they have the soft top down.

chris1374

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon (Ordered 10/24)
I need help! I’m upgrading everything in my JL with 8” Alpine system. I’m trying to remove the subwoofer in the back. I removed the 8 screws on the sub but I still cannot pry the sub out. Am I missing something? How do I get this thing out?

Sponsored

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
I need help! I’m upgrading everything in my JL with 8” Alpine system. I’m trying to remove the subwoofer in the back. I removed the 8 screws on the sub but I still cannot pry the sub out. Am I missing something? How do I get this thing out?
The sub is attached by a bolt in the back. You have to remove the side panel that is holding the sub, then remove the bolt for the sub to come out.

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thankful for the thread, and all of the useful information. Thanks guys.
Question, I used the resistor trick non amplified base system (successfully I thought) until winter came.
Radio comes on but no sound below 35ish degrees all four channels.
5 to 10 minutes running with some heat coming through, I shut it down, open door, wait for time out to get the reboot and all is good, sound again.
I measured the 47 ohm resistor (spare ones) at 48 ohms at room temp, put in freezer for a few minutes, and then again for 20 minutes was expecting a slight change in ohms with the cold but only saw maybe .1 ohm change. Any ideas? Feeding a DS18 V5HL 5-Channel Line Out Converter, and a couple amps. ds18 uses signal sense to turn on.
Somehow I need to test the ds18 auto signal sense capabilities when cold.
Almost sounds like an issue with the solder points. Since Heat/Cold affect the auto sensing issue, you may want to re-solder the contacts where your resistors are connecting to the wires. If that doesn't take care of it, the expansion/contraction effect could (unlikely) be happening inside of your resistors, at which point you would swap them out. Can't imagine it's the latter, but check your solder points and let us know how it goes. - Good luck!

chris1374

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon (Ordered 10/24)
The sub is attached by a bolt in the back. You have to remove the side panel that is holding the sub, then remove the bolt for the sub to come out.
Thank you so much! I’m glad I didn’t pry any harder. But now I have to ask, how do I remove that side panel? I didn’t quite see a starting point for pulling those panels out. Thanks again!

AusJeepNoob

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon EcoDiesel

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
Thank you so much! I’m glad I didn’t pry any harder. But now I have to ask, how do I remove that side panel? I didn’t quite see a starting point for pulling those panels out. Thanks again!
Sorry I just saw your post but AusJeepNoob has the right link. That is what I watched.
Sorry I just saw the post, I watched the same. This is my sub cover you will not be able to fit the old one back on.
Jeep Wrangler JL Adding an Aftermarket Amp(s) 20210108_183639
Sponsored