Sponsored

Subwoofer Enclosure Removal

Zalmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon 4X4
Anyone have a link or pictures on how to remove just the plastic enclosure around the subwoofer in a JL? I need to add more padding and really don’t wanna mess anything up.
Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I referenced this vid. It’s really 1 screw behind the seat belt, then pull tabs after that.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Anyone have a link or pictures on how to remove just the plastic enclosure around the subwoofer in a JL? I need to add more padding and really don’t wanna mess anything up.
FWIW - you'll experience minimal gain from what you're planning to do. You might reduce a little vibration/rattle (which can be done with less work) but you won't notice much of a sound difference.

OP
OP

Zalmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon 4X4
FWIW - you'll experience minimal gain from what you're planning to do. You might reduce a little vibration/rattle (which can be done with less work) but you won't notice much of a sound difference.
what do you suggest i do that would take less work? really new to all this

Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I did the poly-fill in my sub last weekend and I can tell I difference does it change it like a dedicated amp and sub no but absolutely better. When I removed mine I started from the front where you have to remove the screw and popped right off no problem removing the enclosure. My normal music I could here it, but took my niece for a ride and let her DJ and she wanted to know what I did you could feel it more than here it.

Shaun0913

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
What can be done that is less work

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know the part number (or where to buy them) for the pins/clips that hold the subwoofer panel in?

I'm missing one and the dealership and napa were no help.
Jeep Wrangler JL Subwoofer Enclosure Removal 20230107_085624
Jeep Wrangler JL Subwoofer Enclosure Removal 20230107_085611
Jeep Wrangler JL Subwoofer Enclosure Removal 20230107_085605

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Anyone know the part number (or where to buy them) for the pins/clips that hold the subwoofer panel in?

I'm missing one and the dealership and napa were no help.
That part reminds me of the copper crush washers I needed when changing a caliper this week. In bulk they are probably .001 cents each and yet I had to pay $7 for two of them.

I'm guessing your issue is just finding one at all and if you do you gonna get screwed. The factory probably dropped 100 of them on the floor this week installing the enclosures.

Did you check Amazon? Sounds odd but I got a big bag of Wrangler specific plastic rivets and fender clips from there for less than the cost of one clip elsewhere.

That one looks pretty specific tho.

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. I've gotten a few
That part reminds me of the copper crush washers I needed when changing a caliper this week. In bulk they are probably .001 cents each and yet I had to pay $7 for two of them.

I'm guessing your issue is just finding one at all and if you do you gonna get screwed. The factory probably dropped 100 of them on the floor this week installing the enclosures.

Did you check Amazon? Sounds odd but I got a big bag of Wrangler specific plastic rivets and fender clips from there for less than the cost of one clip elsewhere.

That one looks pretty specific tho.
Yep. I've gotten a few others off amazon...but can't find this one . Blasted!

Sponsored