First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
I have done the upgrade to the speakers and a amp, ready to add the sub. Wanted to place the sub in the same location as the Alpine one does anyone have a clue to the depth of the enclosure. Would a 3.5 depth sub fit.

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
No kidding, they are sending me a new set. I send them back an equal set. They are covering shipping as well.
Customer for life.
They are great, I punctured a hole in a Focal component while trying to instal the speaker
So this did not go simple.....

He ordered a DSR1, AudioControl LC6.1200, a set of Focal PS165F's for the front knees and dash (Metra pods), and a set of Focal PC165F Coax for the sound bar (SSV mounts), and a Focal P25FSE for the 10" sub mount.

Guess there goes a couple weekends helping install all this stuff. Should have never offered to help "swap out some speakers"
I have a very similar setup and was hoping I would install the P25FSE same location as the Alpine sub. Have you done it yet, if so did it fit or did you have to do anything to make it fit. I take it you have the enclosure for the alpine sub or did you get a box for it.

gs4jd

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited High Altitude Diesel
just finished up my install yesterday.. ended up using the dsr1 with ads hrn-ar-ch4 using the factory unconnect 8.4. Took out the factory alpine system, went with two jl amps and 6.5 Hertz components in front, 6.5 in sound bar and 2 jl stealth boxes.. if you update the dsr1 , its a seamless install.

Last edited:

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
They are great, I punctured a hole in a Focal component while trying to instal the speaker

I have a very similar setup and was hoping I would install the P25FSE same location as the Alpine sub. Have you done it yet, if so did it fit or did you have to do anything to make it fit. I take it you have the enclosure for the alpine sub or did you get a box for it.
Sorry for late reply - we have done all the upgrade except the sub. It doesn't fit easily. Looking at options to either adapt it to fit, or figure out a plan-B.

Sponsored

sandor.g

First Name
Sandor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Gladiator Hard Rock rims, MOPAR 2" lift
Occupation
Project Manager
Sorry for late reply - we have done all the upgrade except the sub. It doesn't fit easily. Looking at options to either adapt it to fit, or figure out a plan-B.
I've seen someone fabricate a spacer to put under the rim of the speaker and between the original Alpine cut out. If you have access to a router, you could make one yourself.

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
I've seen someone fabricate a spacer to put under the rim of the speaker and between the original Alpine cut out. If you have access to a router, you could make one yourself.
I did see, one member do so, with a 4.5 depth sub. But with the size of this sub I figured it would just fit. I did not get mine sub yet. I did not know if I would need a spacer or not.

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
Do post a picture if you can, I would appreciate thanks

Cap

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
I recently bought a 2019 JL and I have the 7" non-Alpine head unit which sounds terrible. I installed the Alpine Power Pack KTP-445U and added load resistors to address the speaker resistance issue. The sound coming out of the speakers is very low and distorted with the volume turned up to the max. Not using a LOC. Has anyone run into this before?

Sponsored

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
Just received all my stuff and was looking forward to install. Problem is, the radio keeps blowing the left rear channel. That's right, not the speaker, the actual radio output on the 7" radio. It was delivered blown and we noticed a few days later.

Dealer replaced the radio and it happened again. I didn't test the speaker for a short but it did work for a few weeks. Has anyone experienced this before? Clearly there is an issue with a short or load on the left rear channel.

I can't even open a box to start the install until this is permanently resolved. I don't want a blown radio blamed on me.

OP
OP
Sting_NC_USA

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just received all my stuff and was looking forward to install. Problem is, the radio keeps blowing the left rear channel. That's right, not the speaker, the actual radio output on the 7" radio. It was delivered blown and we noticed a few days later.

Dealer replaced the radio and it happened again. I didn't test the speaker for a short but it did work for a few weeks. Has anyone experienced this before? Clearly there is an issue with a short or load on the left rear channel.

I can't even open a box to start the install until this is permanently resolved. I don't want a blown radio blamed on me.
That's pretty odd! Can't immediately think of anything that would cause that, but it may be worth checking the pins in the large plug that fits into the back of the stereo. Take a look at post #1, it has a schematic of that plug. I suppose its possible one of the pins is bent and touching another.

Had any updates been done to your system prior to this upgrade?

onspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLS
7" head unit, with the PAC module, there a way to keep the rear speakers powered by the head unit or will I need to run all speakers from the amplifier?

Also - anyone have any clever amp mounting locations for a 2 door? Older Kenwood XR5s class-D. Test fitted it under the seat but wasn't thrilled at the fit. Thinking it'll have to go in the trunk cubby next toa shallowmount sub I'm going to place there...

ModMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Willy’s
That's pretty odd! Can't immediately think of anything that would cause that, but it may be worth checking the pins in the large plug that fits into the back of the stereo. Take a look at post #1, it has a schematic of that plug. I suppose its possible one of the pins is bent and touching another.

Had any updates been done to your system prior to this upgrade?
nothing other than the head unit being swapped out once already.

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Medical Student
Does anyone happen to know the part number for the inner quarter panel subwoofer housing. I am looking for the housing only so I can install a JL subwoofer in it. I have a sport S without the premium alpine system and figured I can use that to house my new subwoofer and save space. Anyone see any cons to this idea? Or if anyone on here has removed theres and wants to swap panels I would do that.
Sponsored