Sponsored

Adaptive Cruise Control?

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
ACC (and especially the associated autonomous braking feature) keep you from rear-ending idiots that randomly brake on the highway. You know what's terrible at off-roading? A totaled Wrangler at the scrap yard.

And don't say "just pay attention"; I usually have two kids in the car; every parent is a 'distracted driver'. And no one is 100% attentive every millisecond they are driving anyway; I don't rely on autonomous braking, it's just an additional fail-safe.
No one on this thread is claiming they want autonomous braking/ACC so they can be inattentive, so stop making that straw man argument.

An IIHS study found that vehicles with autonomous braking are involved in 40% fewer rear end collisions:
http://www.autonews.com/article/201...ing-reduces-rear-end-crashes-iihs-study-finds

Why would you NOT want a feature that makes you 40% less likely to be in the most deadly type of accident?
read you own post if you forgot how this started

you think that the ACC will allow you to be a distracted driver so you can attend your kids.

Then you claim that this technology is reason for declined death numbers starting from year 1970.

in the end as i stated from the beginning, to each there own you think this is option you like then buy it i wont

for me driving with this system for over 5 years on 3 cars caused me more issues then it help me.
Sponsored

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
you think that the ACC will allow you to be a distracted driver so you can attend your kids.

Then you claim that this technology is reason for declined death numbers starting from year 1955.
Bless your heart; I sure hope your attentiveness while driving is better than your reading comprehension.

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
Bless your heart; I sure hope your attentiveness while driving is better than your reading comprehension.
The Phew,

This was a type that i made and corrected right after i post it, i guess you were quicker... any way i see you cant address any of the points and now trying to be proven right by checking spelling, grammar, and typo errors

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
any way i see you cant address any of the points and now trying to be proven right by checking spelling, grammar, and typo errors
I never said anything about your spelling, grammar, or typos, further proving my point about reading comprehension...

Autonomous braking reduces rear-end collisions by ~40%. That's really all that needs to be said about the matter, everything else is justification and e-peening.

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
If you believe that then good for you, go buy it and go entertain your kids in place of paying attention

Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
My 2015 Mustang came with ACC. You can adjust the distance to the car ahead. It has 'collision warning' if an object/car is too close in front.
It does not slam on the brakes but displays an Heads Up warning and pre-preps the brakes. It has saved me several times when someone ran a stop sign and pulled in front of me. The calipers were pre-charged and I was able to stop before T-boning the idiots.
Luckily there was no traffic to rear end me as I slammed on the brakes. However, if there had been other traffic I probably would have been distracted by the cars around me and I would not have reacted as fast as I did.
The new 2018 Mustangs now come with automatic emergency collision braking and pedestrian sensing.
You may consider all of this safety stuff as unnecessary but let me know your conclusions when your driving down your street and your neighbor backs out on your left and a kid runs out in front of you on the right...both at the same time!

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
you realize that 50% is like saying yes and no LOL.... I would say 90% that my personal opinion is that Wrangler will not have this open for 2019 maybe for the full electric in 2020 as this will already be not a off road Wrangler, good luck with dead batteries as a standard indication of MPG will not work, water crossings, shocks to solid components, and punctured battery packs. The full electric wrangler is a mall crawler.

Electric is 100% of torque at 0 RPM, but not suitable for rock crawling or heavy off roading
There won’t be a full electric - never even been any rumors about one. There will be a hybrid drivetrain, but that’s not full electric, and it still runs on gas.

robplumm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR in Dozer
exactly what i found happening to me
Exactly why I hated it in my last rental.

Set at 75...it slows down to the car in front of me going 65. In a 70.

Took a while to notice. Just an annoying feature...and yet another thing that removes the driver from...driving.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Exactly why I hated it in my last rental.

Took a while to notice. Just an annoying feature...and yet another thing that removes the driver from...driving.
As opposed to ramming them, which is what would happen with 'regular' cruise control if you didn't intervene? You can still use the accelerator, change lanes, etc while using ACC.

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
There won’t be a full electric - never even been any rumors about one. There will be a hybrid drivetrain, but that’s not full electric, and it still runs on gas.
You must work for the FCA and have a crystal ball to know what they are going to do and not to do ...

Since i have you can you please tell me when the 2 door diesel in blue will be available? Thanks

Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR

Took a while to notice. Just an annoying feature...and yet another thing that removes the driver from...driving.[/QUOTE]

I must have been the one driving in front of you...you were trying to drive at 75 in a 70 when the traffic ahead of you was going 65! How dare anyone go slower than you...just pull up six inches behind me and ride my bumper...I can't go faster and there is traffic all around. Everyone needs to pull over and let you pass!

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250

KaDeTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan RLine 2018 2.0TDI
No crystal ball required - Plug-In Hybrid Electric Wrangler Coming in 2020 Announces Jeep CEO.

It's been announced, spoken about by FCA reps, and covered multiple times. I will give you my sure-fire NBA picks for a mere $20 though!
Just like they speak about diesel and now announced that 2022 will be the end of diesel power train in all FCA passenger vehicles.

Relax my little grasshopper and wait what the world will bring, and don't make definitive posts until you know for 100% that there will be no hybrid Wrangler a lot could change in the years to come.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/26/17053362/fiat-chrysler-diesel-car-end-production-2022

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Just like they speak about diesel and now announced that 2022 will be the end of diesel power train in all FCA passenger vehicles.

Relax my little grasshopper and wait what the world will bring, and don't make definitive posts until you know for 100% that there will be no hybrid Wrangler a lot could change in the years to come.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/26/17053362/fiat-chrysler-diesel-car-end-production-2022
First of all, I never said there would be no hybrid wrangler - I said there's no announced or rumored all-electric JL, and that there *will* be a hybrid JL.

As far as diesel goes, there's still hope as the original story explains that they are keeping diesel around for trucks, that's why the articles about the rumor all say cars or passenger vehicles. There's also a big difference between a rumor (what you're referencing) and official FCA statements (what I'm referencing).

OP
OP
pantheman75

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Woo hoo! Adaptive cruise control can be ordered on the 2019 Wrangler!
Sponsored