Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davescosmos.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
There are two different ACE bumpers shown here. One with the recessed winch (Expedition) and one without (Pro). According to ACE you can't use the FAD flip with the recessed (Pro) version. The fact that the Expedition has a recessed winch likely interferes with the FAD if you try to use the flip. From the pics it does appear that the Expedition provides a bit more protection for the FAD but I would like to figure out how to provide more protection...skid plate or something.

Still haven't received my bumpers but when I do I will certainly be better-informed thanks to everyone here.

ACEJLESSBBBFL-C_2000x.jpg

Expedition Bumper with recessed winch mount

ACEJLPSFBBBFL-C_2000x.jpg

Bull Bumper with non recessed winch mount.
Sponsored

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
It looks likE @CarterRuss left the factory plate on... which, I can't decide if that looks better or not :)
I think eventually I will get something custom made since Ace doesn't offer anything. For now it does it's job but at least with something custom it will match a little better.

broox

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
There are two different ACE bumpers shown here. One with the recessed winch (Expedition) and one without (Pro).
Good clarification.

I wish the pro had nice chamfered edges like the expedition. The welds and edges look so much rougher on the pro.
For those of us that plan to iteratively build, I also wish the Expedition had a removable plate for the recessed winch (similar to the Mopar steel bumper).

AstroDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davescosmos.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I think eventually I will get something custom made since Ace doesn't offer anything. For now it does it's job but at least with something custom it will match a little better.
Unfortunately for me I bought the Jeep with the plastic bumper knowing I would replace it. Hey I may just leave the plastic skid on there if possible...better than nothing...even if everyone will make fun of me :)

Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Not sure if anyone is still watching this thread or not. It is difficult to tell whether the D rings are welded all the way through front and back. Asking for strength to flat tow from them to my motorhome.

Jeepender

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 4DR RUBI
Occupation
VP of FUN
yeah I think down the road I will cut those lower tabs off. I guess just general preference on leaving or removing that that crosspiece.
For anyone who has the ACE Expedition front bumper installed on their JL, would you be able to provide the dimension from top of bumper to bottom of headlight (bezel)? I’m deciding between bull bar or no bull bar and want to find out if there is enough height to mount a pair of ARB lights near the edges of this bumper. See attached pic. Thank you!

E19319C5-92E7-4428-9866-77F493D4D667.jpeg

Offroad

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 WK2
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I read in another thread that the JCR skid fits with the Expedition bumper. I just got the bumper now sitting in my garage. Haven't had a chance to put mine on yet! Ace also released a skid for the Expedition but I'm not crazy about the "stepped" features on it.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I am not home to give you a measurement, but I have installed the Ace skid and really like it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ace Stubby Pic Request 3C43FCEA-16FF-44E3-BB15-4ECD299B7666

Sponsored

Jeepender

First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 4DR RUBI
Occupation
VP of FUN
In case anyone was looking at Baja fogs. They fit nicely in fog pockets. Need to go get different mounting hardware though.

I have the same baja fogs! Glad to hear they’ll fit. What new hardware did you need to install them? My bumper is due to arrive in a couple weeks, once I decide about the bull bar.

Offroad

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 WK2
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine done yesterday! Love it! Took me about 5 hours with winch.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ace Stubby Pic Request IMG_20210206_165415798_HDR

rhjeep89

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR Firecracker Red
Anyone have a pic of the ace expedition with ace skid plate and winch installed with no extra lights/bars?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.