Sponsored

Pic Request: 33" tires w/ aftermarket fenders and no lift

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
My goal this go around is to go low and light, I would like to stick to a 33 or 34" tire and maximize off road articulation with on road DD performance. Can someone share any pictures with this type of setup? I am hoping that it isn't to ridiculous looking.

Cheers!
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
My goal this go around is to go low and light, I would like to stick to a 33 or 34" tire and maximize off road articulation with on road DD performance. Can someone share any pictures with this type of setup? I am hoping that it isn't to ridiculous looking.

Cheers!
Is this a sport? you dont need aftermarket fenders to fit 33s. Articulation of the sport suspension is what it is. Replacing fenders isnt worth the trouble unless you want to go 35s and small lift.

if you want to increase articulation and also replace your 32s with 33s, id suggest you get a rubicon takeoff suspension for about $150. That will hugely improve articulation and your jeep will still drive perfectly fine on the road. Thats what I did.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pic Request: 33" tires w/ aftermarket fenders and no lift IMG_20210411_183846536~2

Articulation with the stock tires and rubi suspension:
Jeep Wrangler JL Pic Request: 33" tires w/ aftermarket fenders and no lift IMG_20210303_164051_468

And thats not even maxed out. That rock is bigger than what it looks on that picture. I went over it and kept all tires on the ground. My profile pic will give you a better idea.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Low_Spark

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Thanks for the pics, I am getting a rubicon but will be doing aftermarket bumpers and a winch so I will lose some ride height which is why I was thinking of going with a lightweight fender like a nemesis or similar.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Thanks for the pics, I am getting a rubicon but will be doing aftermarket bumpers and a winch so I will lose some ride height which is why I was thinking of going with a lightweight fender like a nemesis or similar.
If you pick the right combo and order steel bumpers you wont lose height. I didnt lose any height with bumper/winch. If you do, it is better to add spacers to get that inch back. Fenders wont make up for the lost ground clearance.

Order tow package, steel group, and hardtop to get the heavy duty suspension. Then you can shed weight on the metal bumpers with lighter aftermarket and add your winch. I have metal rear and front + winch + sliders/steps. No sag.

Sponsored

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
High Altitude - 285/70/17's only 1/2" wider each side - happy, no issues when I did quite a bit of duning last Saturday.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pic Request: 33" tires w/ aftermarket fenders and no lift Jeep 1.PNG

Last edited:

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Factory rubi tires are 32`s. People run 35s no lift on rubi all the time.

Here's factory 32s on a willys with no lift and flat fenders

Jeep Wrangler JL Pic Request: 33" tires w/ aftermarket fenders and no lift 20210427_184231

That's with steel front bumper and a winch.

Rubi would be even taller. If you go flat fenders I'd go at least 35s to not look strange.

Same willys no lift with 37s

Jeep Wrangler JL Pic Request: 33" tires w/ aftermarket fenders and no lift 20210428_151419

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sport Altitude with stock 18" wheels and 275/70R18 tires. No need for aftermarket fenders here.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pic Request: 33" tires w/ aftermarket fenders and no lift IMG_0308

OP
OP
Low_Spark

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Here's factory 32s on a willys with no lift and flat fenders

Jeep Wrangler JL Pic Request: 33" tires w/ aftermarket fenders and no lift IMG_0308

That's with steel front bumper and a winch.

Rubi would be even taller. If you go flat fenders I'd go at least 35s to not look strange
Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. You are spot on, flat or chopped fenders + stock tires would look quite strange on a Rubi.

Sponsored

LSguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. You are spot on, flat or chopped fenders + stock tires would look quite strange on a Rubi.
I agree. If you want low and light with maximum articulation, maybe look into a 35x10.5? I know a lot of the taco guys run those. Pretty light, and you may be able to get full flex no lift.

OP
OP
Low_Spark

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I agree. If you want low and light with maximum articulation, maybe look into a 35x10.5? I know a lot of the taco guys run those. Pretty light, and you may be able to get full flex no lift.
Thats not a bad thought, I do like tacos!
Sponsored