Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
@Motobilt any chance on getting that Hammer bumper with a submerged winch mount? I'd sacrifice a little approach angle for that. Because other than that, that is also an excellent candidate.

Still love the Crusher, that is damn near perfect in every way, but with no option for factory fogs, it's a little tougher of a sell for me. the OEM LED fogs actually do a decent job and I don't have to spend any extra money.
Sponsored

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
@Motobilt any chance on getting that Hammer bumper with a submerged winch mount? I'd sacrifice a little approach angle for that. Because other than that, that is also an excellent candidate.

Still love the Crusher, that is damn near perfect in every way, but with no option for factory fogs, it's a little tougher of a sell for me. the OEM LED fogs actually do a decent job and I don't have to spend any extra money.
In order to get that terrific approach angle and killer look the bumper has to be tucked up tight. You cannot do that with the winch recessed and still use fog lights. Either the winch has to go on top or get rid of the fogs. If we made the bumper with fogs and recessed winch the bumper would stick out further or possibly lower. Which would kill the approach angle and the look of the bumper all together. Other then looks the winch sitting on top of the bumper is not an issue for the JL. With older jeeps people were concerned with air flow to the radiator but this has not been an issue for the JL.

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
In order to get that terrific approach angle and killer look the bumper has to be tucked up tight. You cannot do that with the winch recessed and still use fog lights. Either the winch has to go on top or get rid of the fogs. If we made the bumper with fogs and recessed winch the bumper would stick out further or possibly lower. Which would kill the approach angle and the look of the bumper all together. Other then looks the winch sitting on top of the bumper is not an issue for the JL. With older jeeps people were concerned with air flow to the radiator but this has not been an issue for the JL.
I wondered if that was the case. I thought I would ask if it was at all possible. I had my winch on top of the bumper on my last 2 TJ's and never had an issue with overheating (from that) but the cover scratched up my grille and it was exposed to all sorts of weather and road elements and wear. That's why I started looking into the submerged mounted bumpers, I thought it might give my winch a little more protection (living in the rust belt, and all). That said, based on some of the research I've done, those factory fogs come with these dumb plastic things that are supposedly a real pain to deal with. I just don't want all the Light bars and LED pods all over the front of my rig.

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Well, it's settled. I pulled the trigger on a @Motobilt Crusher Bumper with winch bar (and their front/rear Diff cover and ELocker Guard package) today! Their Memorial Day weekend sale and free shipping saved me almost $200 which, ultimately, was the deciding factor. I was hoping to do it sooner but I've been busy with work and stuff. Thanks everyone for the input and I will post pics once I get it and it's installed!

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
Haha, you were not the only one to make a decision from this thread... It also inspired me to purchase the ROAM Offroad bumper. I’m very happy with it.
73387A3E-17FC-41C3-AF24-0F6A16F711B5.jpeg

Sponsored

Motobilt

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Well, it's settled. I pulled the trigger on a @Motobilt Crusher Bumper with winch bar (and their front/rear Diff cover and ELocker Guard package) today! Their Memorial Day weekend sale and free shipping saved me almost $200 which, ultimately, was the deciding factor. I was hoping to do it sooner but I've been busy with work and stuff. Thanks everyone for the input and I will post pics once I get it and it's installed!
So awesome man! We definitely appreciate the business. If you need me my number is 334-219-2333 ext 402.
Again thanks again.
Bobby Cox

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Big shoutout to Bobby, April, and the rest of the crew at @Motobilt . My bumper and diff covers arrived last week, packaged well so they're in great condition. Customer service was top notch too, they put up with all of my inqurirues. Now it's time to paint them and install before the end of summer (hopefully)

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Big shoutout to Bobby, April, and the rest of the crew at @Motobilt . My bumper and diff covers arrived last week, packaged well so they're in great condition. Customer service was top notch too, they put up with all of my inqurirues. Now it's time to paint them and install before the end of summer (hopefully)
See here before you paint that front bumper. You may want to mod it like I did. I still can't understand why @Motobilt thinks the fogs won't fit. I had several discussions before purchasing mine and they told me they wouldn't fit. Well they do fit, and it's not even tight. They would have the best bumper hands down if they offered it with fog pockets.

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
See here before you paint that front bumper. You may want to mod it like I did. I still can't understand why @Motobilt thinks the fogs won't fit. I had several discussions before purchasing mine and they told me they wouldn't fit. Well they do fit, and it's not even tight. They would have the best bumper hands down if they offered it with fog pockets.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Thank you for posting this!!!

I have been trying to reason through a way to do this without welding (as I don't have a Welder or set up that allows me to get one, currently) using common, hardware store parts and gave up because nothing I came up with was as clean as I wanted it. Luckily, I have a buddy who said he'd help me fab this up. He has a welder and stuff in his garage. When I pull the bumper to repaint it in the spring, I think we are going to do that (I have to repaint it because I did a shitty rush job to get it on the Jeep).

Sponsored

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Haha, you were not the only one to make a decision from this thread... It also inspired me to purchase the ROAM Offroad bumper. I’m very happy with it.
73387A3E-17FC-41C3-AF24-0F6A16F711B5.jpeg
any concerns with the recovery points being bolted on instead of welded?

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
any concerns with the recovery points being bolted on instead of welded?
Not really. The combined shear-strength of those 4 bolts is not the weakest point in my recovery gear.
Sponsored