First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
Feel free to connect with us via PM if you are in need of additional support while in service!

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Thanks. My dealer (E-Golf Jeep, Brevard, NC) re-flashed the software yesterday. It should be good now.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks. My dealer (E-Golf Jeep, Brevard, NC) re-flashed the software yesterday. It should be good now.
Glad to hear it! Thank you for the update.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

elchoche23

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Body; Sahara
Since mine was built on a Friday at 4:59 p.m. when beer was in the cooler, Iā€™m having the same issue. The only difference is that I also get ā€œRNDā€ only so I miss the ā€œPā€ in the cluster. As I move the shifter, the ā€œPā€ comes back. Itā€™s due for its oil change and also has a recall with the steering. What the heck, Iā€™ll throw that one in there too.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ha ha, yeah. I didn't have any steering issues, but I had them do the recall while I was there too. I wouldn't have made a special appointment for it, but figured why not since I was there.

Sandbandit13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep JLUR
I'm still getting the 999999, then pops back to normal mileage. Contacted the dealership, they want to "hook it up" i guess to see what the co.puter s says. Probably will be needing a software update. The entire display is all digital, time will tell. CAN'T BELIEVE I'M THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN HAVING THIS ISSUE. 999999 OUT.
My 2018 JLUR is doing the same thing. Have had it for 2 months and its been doing it every day for the past three days.

Sponsored

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I started getting "Service Electronic Throttle Control" at startup, stereo locking up and doing weird resets, no reading on my odometer, and 999999 on my odometer off and on. I hope a software flash will fix it.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I started getting "Service Electronic Throttle Control" at startup, stereo locking up and doing weird resets, no reading on my odometer, and 999999 on my odometer off and on. I hope a software flash will fix it.
Hey, GGguy77. If you decide to visit the dealer for this, let us know. We would be happy to provide an extra layer of assistance.

Kate
Jeep Cares

GGguy77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, GGguy77. If you decide to visit the dealer for this, let us know. We would be happy to provide an extra layer of assistance.

Kate
Jeep Cares
They said they fixed it but a couple weeks later it started again. 999999 miles on the odometer and a glitching stereo unit and backup cam. Now I am out of warranty, though.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
They said they fixed it but a couple weeks later it started again. 999999 miles on the odometer and a glitching stereo unit and backup cam. Now I am out of warranty, though.
I'm sorry to hear that. We can definitely assist you if you will be returning for additional work at the dealer. Please send us a private message to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

ArmyJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own a JLURubicon
Occupation
Retired US Army
I'm sorry to hear that. We can definitely assist you if you will be returning for additional work at the dealer. Please send us a private message to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Kate I have 35,000 miles on my May 2018, JLURubicon and the odometer started registering 999999 and 8.4 Uconnect is glitching. (Glitching - radio is stuttering) I am in Bumpass, VA and it will be weeks before I get to the dealer. What do you recommend I do?

Sponsored

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I have they same issue. Brought it in for the steering gear fix and the service writer freaked out when he looked at the odometer.. he was dumb enough to say "that's a lot more miles than you said it had". I told him it's a glitch. You think he would have addressed the problem.

It is usually only an issue if I get some sort of service done to it. It always updates to the proper mileage after driving a half mile or so, so I'm not worried about it mis representing mileage.

Never thought to look here on the forum until now.

Last edited:

7Nations

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, Fiesta ST 2017
This just happened to my 2018 today, for the first time I think (wife been driving it more recently, apparently she likes the Wrangler more than her ST). Glad to hear that there is good support from @JeepCares on it, will calling the dealer later today.

sumthin_light

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL
I'm still getting the 999999, then pops back to normal mileage. Contacted the dealership, they want to "hook it up" i guess to see what the co.puter s says. Probably will be needing a software update. The entire display is all digital, time will tell. CAN'T BELIEVE I'M THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN HAVING THIS ISSUE. 999999 OUT.
I have it also

EXPLR_WA

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
I had the same issue a few months after getting my 2018 JLU. I also had a few other dashboard anomalies. I took it in, and Jeep ended up flashing the computer, said it was behind in version. Haven't seen it since.
Sponsored