Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
THAT
IS
AWESOME!
How did you measure for your "lift point".
The main bar is angle iron so before I drilled the hole for the lift point I rigged everything up and used the winch hook to lift the top very carefully just an inch off the ground to find the sweet spot. There were lots of pillows involved. But it actually wasn’t that difficult.

I was planning to build this out of unistrut so that I would have plenty of options for mounting holes/lift point(s).

2CACDDE2-DA82-4863-84BD-638539F49D76.jpeg
Sponsored

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
Similar here. I have too many lights, racks, heater, and other things hanging form the ceiling for most lift systems so this is what works for me. It goes higher than pictured a little bit which leaves me room to back under to park still.

F619B772-7DFE-420A-9435-B0E9AA0750BE.jpeg
Any idea how long the straps you used were? Thanks!

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
As a fellow low garage ceiling person, this thread is awesome!

mine question for you all running dual tops... how do you store your soft tops when you’re in hard top season?

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
As a fellow low garage ceiling person, this thread is awesome!

mine question for you all running dual tops... how do you store your soft tops when you’re in hard top season?
I was the Top Lift Pro guy post #9. I would while the top was folded down and still on the Jeep, open the tailgate, wrap a blanket around it and run masking tape around the blanket. This would keep it nice, clean and tightly together all winter.
Then, unbolt, take it off, lay the blanket part on the driveway, soft top bars are now facing upward, slide a 3/4” 5 foot steel pipe through the soft top bars. Lift it like a weight lifter, place it on the Top Lift Pro crank it up to the ceiling, done.
The blanket would still clear my hood by almost 2 feet. 6 months driving under the hard top and 6 months driving under the soft top.
Folks using winches or straps can easily do the same thing. It will clear your hood.

Sponsored

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Any idea how long the straps you used were? Thanks!
They are a Frankenstein of a 15’ rachet strap and about a foot of the pull style strap and buckle, overkill, but it’s kinda nice to have the extra to pull and that’s just what I had laying around. When I came up with the idea. Now that I know it works well I’ll find a set of 10-12’ straps I can dedicate to the top lift.

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
They are a Frankenstein of a 15’ rachet strap and about a foot of the pull style strap and buckle, overkill, but it’s kinda nice to have the extra to pull and that’s just what I had laying around. When I came up with the idea. Now that I know it works well I’ll find a set of 10-12’ straps I can dedicate to the top lift.
Thanks for your reply. I was trying to figure out if 20' would be enough.
Sponsored