IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Did you upgrade from the 7?
Yes.

Was the sound any different?
No.

Did they give you an unlock code?
Radio was already set to my VIN. I had to provide it when ordering.

Did the radio look new?
Yes. It looks 100% new despite being a refurb (that's all Infotainment sells).

Any concerns you have?
Just that I lost the ability to use Carplay with the center console USB port. I knew this going in, so it's not a huge deal to me. I mount my phone in a Bulletproof mount, so I just use the front USB port when I want to use Carplay.
Sponsored

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
I upgraded to the Stinger 10" right after I got my 21 with the 7" screen. The Alpine was off the table for me as I already had the upgraded Alpine system that I ordered the JL with. I've had the Stinger for about 4 months & have found no faults. Only teeny tiny gripe is when listening to Sirius I don't have a picture of the artist album cover like I had with the old 7". The nav works great but I might prefer car play. I flat tow my JL behind a motorhome so I'm frequently in new places using the nav. Spending $2K right after I bought the JL was ludicrous but my eye sight isn't great & I very much wanted a bigger screen.

OP
OP
TyRoosevelt

TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep JL
I upgraded to the Stinger 10" right after I got my 21 with the 7" screen. The Alpine was off the table for me as I already had the upgraded Alpine system that I ordered the JL with. I've had the Stinger for about 4 months & have found no faults. Only teeny tiny gripe is when listening to Sirius I don't have a picture of the artist album cover like I had with the old 7". The nav works great but I might prefer car play. I flat tow my JL behind a motorhome so I'm frequently in new places using the nav. Spending $2K right after I bought the JL was ludicrous but my eye sight isn't great & I very much wanted a bigger screen.
Steering wheel controls work fine? I heard there is a delay. I cannot figure out why stinger didn't implement the art work with sirius or black out the icon. That white icon looks really bright at night.

Does it sound better than the 7?

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
Steering wheel controls work perfectly with no delay. It probably sounds better than the 7". Mine was installed by a high end auto sound shop & they showed me how to adjust the eq on the Stinger. Like I said I have the Alpine upgrade so sound was already decent.

Mikefly562

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU in Granite Crystal Metallic
I just installed the Heigh10 and Jeep Integration Module last week, and so far, its been working well. A very nice upgrade from the 7" unit that I had. I'm running the firmware that was released in Dec 2020 (with October 2020 date), and its really been trouble free. One issue though, is I'm not getting the LAT/LONG data on the offroad pages, so I'll be getting that checked out at Car Toys tomorrow, as it might just be a loose connection to the antenna. Aside from that, the unit looks really nice in my JLUR and so far, has been really trouble free for a new product like this.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
I have the 8.4 Uconnect I bought from infotainment via Extreme terrain. I just had to provide them with my VIN prior to it being shipped.

Everything works very well so far. I'm coming from a 5" screen so I really like it. I have a sport, so I wasn't sure the 8.4 would work correctly with my JL, but it's matched with everything my Jeep has, and recognizes my aux switches.

Apple Carplay and Android auto work via the front USB connection. The navigation is ok, It lost signal during my trip to the north Georgia mountains

I haven't noticed any updates so far.

I really like the 8.4 screen, but had I known about the stinger 10" I may have went with that. I just ordered a Tazer mini and the dual-zone climate control from a Jeep parts retailer, so I'm all in now.

I was going to buy the Infotainment climate control kit, but with what you can do with the Tazer, I went that route for more options and to save a little.
Sponsored