8.4 radio update

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I recently took my Moab in for it’s first oil change. They updated the radio and had many problems but finally resolved the issues. All XM systems finally worked. Yesterday I received a letter from Sirius that the dealer had set up a two month demo for me that expires this coming September. I would lose the one year and five year services that came with my vehicle. After getting nowhere with Sirius I went to my dealer. My service rep spent over thirty minutes the first time explaining that Chrysler pays for the service I am due. The problem occurred when they reinstalled the software with Sirius. Sirius finally agreed to fix the problem they caused after a second call by my rep. My service rep told them to start the free one year service as of yesterday and the same for the five year portion even though I have owned my Jeep since February. I am fortunate to have a great service rep.
Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I think you get 5 years of traffic/guardian.
Those of you with the 8.4, how does the traffic feature compare with something like Waze? (Sorry if this is a thread jack)

Sponsored

JeepBaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Those of you with the 8.4, how does the traffic feature compare with something like Waze? (Sorry if this is a thread jack)
Its essentially the same as waze though i just keep using Waze on my phone lol

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I've never seen anything traffic related on my 8.4, what exactly does it do? add colors for traffic congestion when maps is displayed?
Yep.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The traffic feature is nice to have for when I don't feel like plugging my phone in. which is pretty much all the time haha.

Sponsored

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
I've never seen anything traffic related on my 8.4, what exactly does it do? add colors for traffic congestion when maps is displayed?
I have been through every option in the settings menus and I've never been able to get the traffic feature to work.
Is there a secret to it?

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
And constant pop ups that there is a traffic incident ahead that I find annoying. Like, yeah, I know I am in a traffic jam and I am not taking an alternate route through south Chicago.

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
I have been through every option in the settings menus and I've never been able to get the traffic feature to work...
you and I both, but... thinking about it, I realized that I use maps mostly while on trails and not so much in traffic on my daily commute. otherwise, if there is a secret, whoever figures it out first wins (after posting it here).

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I recently took my Moab in for it’s first oil change......

.....I am fortunate to have a great service rep.
A good test of the rep's greatness would be if he/she instructed the tech to use 5 quarts. ;)
Sponsored