OP

dangads895

First Name
Angad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
First, let me say that I am biased (6 Speed 2020 JLR).

R2.jpg

Looking back, really glad that I special ordered the JLR with just the options I wanted.
Even though a Rubicon may stretch the budget, I think its worth it.
If you go with a bare bones manual JLUR, the cost can be just a little above 41K.
If you are OK with just two doors, a bare bones JLR can be had for under 39K.
Then you can add the options you want later.
I picked up my 6speed JLUR for $38,200. Dealer in Missouri. Their Willys were at the same or higher priced.
Ya i've actually seen a few barebones JLURs close by for just under 39K. I dont do any crazy offroading and ill be using this as my daily driver, so for me getting a Willys with a few options seems like the better choice
Sponsored

Beungood

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Silverado Duramax, 2001 Toyota 4Runner 95 Harley Davidson
The Willys, not Willys sport
[/QUOTE]
What is the difference?

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a manual transmission JLU for a while, and the only ones close enough to test drive are Rubicons. I'm talking to a dealer that's not close by and getting a good deal on a Willys, but can't test drive it until i get there.

Is the drive pretty similar between the two? I'm mostly curious if the acceleration feels the same between them, or if the gear ratios make it feel a lot different.
It would come down to options for me...I'm really happy with the manual trans and in retrospect I might have bought a Willys, but I got a good deal on my Rubi.
Sponsored