6 months for delivery now?

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
Sorry to hear of the delay. I’m wondering if it was further delayed due to the issues they started having with the manuel transmission. I hope they get it straightened out for you soon.
NO real news yet, on May 11th, I was told that my order is in "Pre-Production waiting for materials" which is odd to me since my order is for a Willys Sport and I only asked for AC, Hardtop and Tow Pkg - also wanting the Manual Tranny. So my order which was placed February 17th, in pre-production May 11th, the factory re-opening May 18th ....and nothing has happened since, it's still sitting in "Pre-Production" .... and Monday (06/01) the incentives will end and we don't know if the incentives will be better or worse.
Sponsored

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
Sorry to hear of the delay. I’m wondering if it was further delayed due to the issues they started having with the manuel transmission. I hope they get it straightened out for you soon.
NO real news yet, on May 11th, I was told that my order is in "Pre-Production waiting for materials" which is odd to me since my order is for a Willys Sport and I only asked for AC, Hardtop and Tow Pkg - also wanting the Manual Tranny. So my order which was placed February 17th, in pre-production
May 11th, the factory re-opening May 18th ....and nothing has happened since, it's still sitting in "Pre-Production" .... and Monday (06/01) the incentives will end and we don't know if the incentives will be better or worse.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
NO real news yet, on May 11th, I was told that my order is in "Pre-Production waiting for materials" which is odd to me since my order is for a Willys Sport and I only asked for AC, Hardtop and Tow Pkg - also wanting the Manual Tranny. So my order which was placed February 17th, in pre-production
May 11th, the factory re-opening May 18th ....and nothing has happened since, it's still sitting in "Pre-Production" .... and Monday (06/01) the incentives will end and we don't know if the incentives will be better or worse.
Have some patience. We are anticipating some early February manual orders to go through soon. That should help put you at ease. You can join us over in the order status thread and stay up to date on what is coming out of the factory.

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
Thanks for the reply, ...what is another couple of weeks when I've already waited nearly 15 weeks already.... Which thread are you referring to ? I've gone to the MOPAR site and the https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/
sites, but I get nothing. The only way I've been able to get info on my build is via phone calls and PM's here, then again all it is verbal or in a PM case, in writing. But when the Wrangler site comes back with "Not Found" and the MOPAR site comes back with "VIN not found" I have to wonder...

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I went to my dealer May 11th, he told me he had just spoken with the factory, my build was expected to start May 18th, he expected the build should be finished by June 17th or 18th and should be delivered by the end of June.
The dealer wasn't giving you a straight story if he said your build would start May 18 and finish June 17/18. If everything for your build is ready it will finish in 24 to 36 hours (or if it starts building on a Friday it may finish on Monday) so a one month build doesn't happen unless something special is needed. Some add on parts, like hinge gate reinforcement, get pulled out of the line to be done separately. I've seen some of those take 2 weeks. But you don't appear to have any unless there is something in a Willys package that would require that. Best I can guess is the manual.

Sponsored

Rubbin

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hi all,

I wanted to provide some updates on my Ecoiesel JLU order I placed back in March before the pandemic, My Jeep build is complete and waiting to be approved to ship. I’m excited and can’t wait to pick her up. There seems to be a delay with transportation or process since they provided me expected delivery date between June 22 - July 6.
Anyone else get the same updates and receive Jeep earlier?

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Are you on Cryptostickers.net? If so what is your nickname?

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered on February 17th. The dealer told me 5 times there wasn't a problem even though the factory had called me telling me there was a problem. Then the virus hit and the factory closed down.

Early in this, I was told my build would be expedited and I could expect my finished build within two weeks - so I sold the car I was driving, then I was told there is a problem with your build - I'm still waiting and without a vehicle (I have a loaner from a friend).

Side note: To be fair to Chrysler, I was told that I could get a rental vehicle, but I would need to pay upfront and then get reimbursed. I appreciated this offer, but have not taken advantage of it - why add potential problems on top of existing problems ?

I went to my dealer May 11th, he told me he had just spoken with the factory, my build was expected to start May 18th, he expected the build should be finished by June 17th or 18th and should be delivered by the end of June.

On May 18th I started my inquires, going to the Chat area and giving them my VIN# and Order # "...where is my build in the process..." I've been told by different sources that my build is "...in process, waiting parts...".

I know, it has only been five days since the factory started back up - it seems much longer. Bottom line is, my build has been sitting in the same status for a week.

Before any one wants to chime in, I know, many of you have waited much longer than I have and feel I'm not being patient. I would ask before any of you chime in, when was your build date initiated - have you waited longer than me ?

This is frustrating because I only asked for three options, Hardtop, AC, Tow Pkg. I think what my build is waiting for is, I also want the Manual Transmission.

Sorry for getting on top of my soap box. I will be 60 years old at the end of the month. I'm disabled, living on a fixed income, saving every dime I have.

It's been twelve years since my last vehicle, my last one was a 2008 and I put over 200,000 miles on it. I was finally able to get into a position to purchase a new vehicle and all I have received is difficulties.

Before any of you chime in, put yourself in my position.
@JeepCares Can you take care of this or change your name.

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you are asking of me ?????

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
We're going to be ordering soon for the wife's 2DR Rubi -- expecting it'll be a few months wait time which is OK because her current lease is up Dec 1.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@richardya- Thank you for tagging us.

@LawrenceR- Please message me for an order update!

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Sponsored