6 months for delivery now?

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
Lets just hope they extend 0% for June, currently site stating, must take delivery by June 1.
Afraid that is NOT happening for most of us that are in D1 waiting status. Hurry up Monday the 18th
I was told by a guy at Chrysler Corporate that he expected the same incentives available now to be carried through June, but this was a guess. He also shared what I think most of us are feeling, we are ready to buy and want to take advantage of the current incentives. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Lets just hope they extend 0% for June, currently site stating, must take delivery by June 1.
Afraid that is NOT happening for most of us that are in D1 waiting status. Hurry up Monday the 18th
When did you order yours? I’m wondering if you’ve received any update etc. I ordered my JLUR 3.6 on 4/28. Thanks.

LawrenceR

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
When did you order yours? I’m wondering if you’ve received any update etc. I ordered my JLUR 3.6 on 4/28. Thanks.
I ordered on February 17th. The dealer told me 5 times there wasn't a problem even though the factory had called me telling me there was a problem. Then the virus hit and the factory closed down.

Early in this, I was told my build would be expedited and I could expect my finished build within two weeks - so I sold the car I was driving, then I was told there is a problem with your build - I'm still waiting and without a vehicle (I have a loaner from a friend).

Side note: To be fair to Chrysler, I was told that I could get a rental vehicle, but I would need to pay upfront and then get reimbursed. I appreciated this offer, but have not taken advantage of it - why add potential problems on top of existing problems ?

I went to my dealer May 11th, he told me he had just spoken with the factory, my build was expected to start May 18th, he expected the build should be finished by June 17th or 18th and should be delivered by the end of June.

On May 18th I started my inquires, going to the Chat area and giving them my VIN# and Order # "...where is my build in the process..." I've been told by different sources that my build is "...in process, waiting parts...".

I know, it has only been five days since the factory started back up - it seems much longer. Bottom line is, my build has been sitting in the same status for a week.

Before any one wants to chime in, I know, many of you have waited much longer than I have and feel I'm not being patient. I would ask before any of you chime in, when was your build date initiated - have you waited longer than me ?

This is frustrating because I only asked for three options, Hardtop, AC, Tow Pkg. I think what my build is waiting for is, I also want the Manual Transmission.

Sorry for getting on top of my soap box. I will be 60 years old at the end of the month. I'm disabled, living on a fixed income, saving every dime I have.

It's been twelve years since my last vehicle, my last one was a 2008 and I put over 200,000 miles on it. I was finally able to get into a position to purchase a new vehicle and all I have received is difficulties.

Before any of you chime in, put yourself in my position.

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I ordered on February 17th. The dealer told me 5 times there wasn't a problem even though the factory had called me telling me there was a problem. Then the virus hit and the factory closed down.

Early in this, I was told my build would be expedited and I could expect my finished build within two weeks - so I sold the car I was driving, then I was told there is a problem with your build - I'm still waiting and without a vehicle (I have a loaner from a friend).

Side note: To be fair to Chrysler, I was told that I could get a rental vehicle, but I would need to pay upfront and then get reimbursed. I appreciated this offer, but have not taken advantage of it - why add potential problems on top of existing problems ?

I went to my dealer May 11th, he told me he had just spoken with the factory, my build was expected to start May 18th, he expected the build should be finished by June 17th or 18th and should be delivered by the end of June.

On May 18th I started my inquires, going to the Chat area and giving them my VIN# and Order # "...where is my build in the process..." I've been told by different sources that my build is "...in process, waiting parts...".

I know, it has only been five days since the factory started back up - it seems much longer. Bottom line is, my build has been sitting in the same status for a week.

Before any one wants to chime in, I know, many of you have waited much longer than I have and feel I'm not being patient. I would ask before any of you chime in, when was your build date initiated - have you waited longer than me ?

This is frustrating because I only asked for three options, Hardtop, AC, Tow Pkg. I think what my build is waiting for is, I also want the Manual Transmission.

Sorry for getting on top of my soap box. I will be 60 years old at the end of the month. I'm disabled, living on a fixed income, saving every dime I have.

It's been twelve years since my last vehicle, my last one was a 2008 and I put over 200,000 miles on it. I was finally able to get into a position to purchase a new vehicle and all I have received is difficulties.

Before any of you chime in, put yourself in my position.
Sorry to hear of the delay. I’m wondering if it was further delayed due to the issues they started having with the manuel transmission. I hope they get it straightened out for you soon.

Sponsored

410Jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon | 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Anything new? I sold my Tacoma today.. I’m all in now!
Nothing new yet. I’m concerned that with the issues they had with manual transmissions in February before the shutdown that it has possibly back logged my manual transmission order even further. I suppose time will tell right?

410Jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, I entered in my info on truecar and they emailed me a $500 manufacturer coupon to use but it expires July 14th. So here’s to hoping I take delivery on or before!

410Jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
&& congratulations on the sale, sorry for three separate replies lol

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Nothing new yet. I’m concerned that with the issues they had with manual transmissions in February before the shutdown that it has possibly back logged my manual transmission order even further. I suppose time will tell right?
Yep. Hopefully they’ll get that sorted out fairly quickly.. It’d be nice if they could get it rectified before they put it in any new Jeeps. If I were you, I’d be wanting them to get it right before they ship it out to the dealer. It’s better to wait. :jk:

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Well, they did actually make some this week but Marlon wasn't sure if they shipped.
I understand in the safety recall notice that FCA did not report if production would be impacted. So maybe they have a fix and are using the new fix for production orders and existing vehicles will have to wait. Or vice versa. They might hold orders with manuals until supply is available. Just glad it wasn't on automatics - can you imagine a recall on that for all JLs?
A couple of years ago the rear window defroster cable sometimes came undone because of bad solder. Current users with the priblem couldn't get replacements because production had priority (but a lot of oarts were scarce for the JL back then).

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I’m with ya, man. JeepCares told me all parts have been gathered, but then JeepWave told me parts are “being received.” Waiting on clarification from them.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’m with ya, man. JeepCares told me all parts have been gathered, but then JeepWave told me parts are “being received.” Waiting on clarification from them.
Jeep Wave now gives order info? When you check with Jeep you can get different answers even if you check 10 minutes apart. They don't have the latest info and right now I don't know if anybody does. The dealer probably has the best info but make sure they actually check and don't just say something to get off the phone.
My suggestion - just patiently wait, do nothing and the phone will ring before you know it with the dealer saying it was delivered and waiting for you.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Jeep Wave now gives order info? When you check with Jeep you can get different answers even if you check 10 minutes apart. They don't have the latest info and right now I don't know if anybody does. The dealer probably has the best info but make sure they actually check and don't just say something to get off the phone.
My suggestion - just patiently wait, do nothing and the phone will ring before you know it with the dealer saying it was delivered and waiting for you.
I tried that method and now my closet is full of parts. But you’re right, I need to redirect my attention. Maybe I’ll start knitting.

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
I tried that method and now my closet is full of parts. But you’re right, I need to redirect my attention. Maybe I’ll start knitting.
Until you start knitting up some seat covers for that new Jeep.

I've gone from buying Jeep parts to buying new tools for the Jeep. Just bought a Spiderweb Shade, fire extinguisher and holder, new impact wrench, electric ratchet, and an impact socket set. If this goes on much longer, with all the parts I have, I'll just build the Jeep myself.
Sponsored