Sponsored

6 months for delivery now?

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
When I ordered mine other similar ones ordered after mine were built and delivered. The sequencing system for the factory is one of the greatest mysteries of life.
As long as it’s in good working order and I get it in a reasonable amount of time, I’ll be happy.
Sponsored

410Jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon | 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
:lipssealed: .. No welds.. I thought I was the only one with luck like that!
I’ll be coming from the Philadelphia suburbs. I plan on renting a car from Enterprise to drive down. The last time I priced them it was $27 for the day with unlimited miles to rent a car. Someone from enterprise would pick it up from there.
I’m not sure yet if I’ll be driving down the day it’s delivered or not. It depends on what day it falls on. I’m also trying to coordinate selling my current vehicle before I buy the JL. How about you?
That’s not so bad! I’m driving from the Bel Air Maryland area so about two hours south of you. I’ve got a shorter hike.
I also am working on selling my current Jeep however if it doesn’t sell by the time my JL arrives I plan to trade it in unfortunately. Of course the used car market is pretty shit right now so I kinda figured how this would go. Hoping it sells beforehand but whatever happens work. I fully intend to drive down the day of delivery/pick up. But may wait for the weekend depending on what’s going on.

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
That’s not so bad! I’m driving from the Bel Air Maryland area so about two hours south of you. I’ve got a shorter hike.
I also am working on selling my current Jeep however if it doesn’t sell by the time my JL arrives I plan to trade it in unfortunately. Of course the used car market is pretty shit right now so I kinda figured how this would go. Hoping it sells beforehand but whatever happens work. I fully intend to drive down the day of delivery/pick up. But may wait for the weekend depending on what’s going on.
I have my Tacoma sold. It would also be nice if the 0% financing is still available when the Jeep comes in.
I wonder how many Wranglers that Toledo plant produces on a regular day. You’ll have to let me know if you find out anything more on a time frame for yours. You’ll more than likely find out before I do.

410Jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have my Tacoma sold. It would also be nice if the 0% financing is still available when the Jeep comes in.
I wonder how many Wranglers that Toledo plant produces on a regular day. You’ll have to let me know if you find out anything more on a time frame for yours. You’ll more than likely find out before I do.
I will let you know if I get a heads up on anything.

I believe under normal production they produce 55 Jeeps per hour. They were at two shifts, assuming 16 hours x 55 jeeps = 880 Jeeps per day. So now at half staff at best they may be producing 440 Jeeps a day. I am sure it will take them a bit to get the ball rolling but theyre in the business of making Jeeps and making money so im sure they'll have it all sorted out soon enough.

Sponsored

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I will let you know if I get a heads up on anything.

I believe under normal production they produce 55 Jeeps per hour. They were at two shifts, assuming 16 hours x 55 jeeps = 880 Jeeps per day. So now at half staff at best they may be producing 440 Jeeps a day. I am sure it will take them a bit to get the ball rolling but theyre in the business of making Jeeps and making money so im sure they'll have it all sorted out soon enough.
WoW.. 55 Jeeps per hour. That’s great! Are they at half staff now or is that starting on 5/18?
Yep.. I’m sure they’ll have them to us as soon as they can. Capitalism at it’s finest!

410Jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WoW.. 55 Jeeps per hour. That’s great! Are they at half staff now or is that starting on 5/18?
Yep.. I’m sure they’ll have them to us as soon as they can. Capitalism at it’s finest!
My understanding is they will be running at half speed beginning on 05/18 for some time, I believe this is due partly to some of the social distancing measures they have in place.

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
My understanding is they will be running at half speed beginning on 05/18 for some time, I believe this is due partly to some of the social distancing measures they have in place.

My Tacoma is a manuel.. I think I’m going to miss it, but.. no looking back!

410Jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just inquired this morning and was informed my VIN is status D1 which is Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built

Sponsored

410Jeep

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Craig told me mine was D1 too.. I wasn’t sure what that meant. Thanks!
Awesome, I'm trying to figure out how I can get a tentative build date to really get a timeline going on everything. Would love to have the Jeep soon but the longer it takes the more money im putting as my down payment.

JeepJohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Awesome, I'm trying to figure out how I can get a tentative build date to really get a timeline going on everything. Would love to have the Jeep soon but the longer it takes the more money im putting as my down payment.
Although I’ll be fine regardless, it would be nice to take advantage of the 0% financing. I’m just hoping that’s still available when it come in so that I can take a few months to pay it off without any finance charges.

Griff71

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLUR
The only deals I am finding in Colorado are at invoice not below, which dealers are offering 7% below that would be worth an airline ticket and road trip back.
Look at Prestige in Longmont, got mine there below invoice 5%-6% w/ Tread Lightly

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Lets just hope they extend 0% for June, currently site stating, must take delivery by June 1.
Afraid that is NOT happening for most of us that are in D1 waiting status. Hurry up Monday the 18th

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Lets just hope they extend 0% for June, currently site stating, must take delivery by June 1.
Afraid that is NOT happening for most of us that are in D1 waiting status. Hurry up Monday the 18th
If they get it built by May 28th you could have it air freighted down to Florida by June 1. Just an option.
Sponsored