Sponsored

Ordering for OCONUS delivery???

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
I'm looking for a dealer that is comfortable and familiar with shipping a newly purchased vehicle to an OCONUS military base. I looked into ordering from MAS but they're pushing Ziebart coating (for the discounted price of only $400!) and inspection fees and so on. I don't even want to try fighting with them, I'd rather find a good dealer back in the US and pay the shipping myself. With some of these "5% below invoice" deals I keep reading about I could afford to eat a couple thousand in shipping costs and still beat the MAS price.

I figure with the block on 2.0 Rubicon orders I have a couple months before 2022 orders start up to find someone and work out the details. Fingers crossed...
Sponsored

OP
OP
15 Pieces of Rick Flair

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
Going to contact a Korean Jeep dealer, see if they can get a US spec Wrangler shipped with their Jeeps. Probably not but I have nothing to lose. I want a Wrangler but I don’t want to pay shady markup price.

OP
OP
15 Pieces of Rick Flair

15 Pieces of Rick Flair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla 3
For any future form searches: I contacted 3 large dealerships about shipping to a military base OCONUS and none of them even responded. I contacted Jeep Cares and they directed me back to MAS. :facepalm:

If you plan on purchasing through MAS you can drop the rust proofing and undercoating if you special order the vehicle. They offer a good deal on shipping but overall you'd be much better off if you can wait till you're back CONUS and find a dealer that will at least honor the Tread Lightly program. I have a few more years OCONUS so I'm going to try to use MAS and order while I'm here. :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored