First Name
Loy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Altitude
Occupation
Medical
I pre-ordered a pair, but no news on the actual shipping date yet.

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Web page says...**ORDER NOW - SHIPPING JAN 6TH** I preordered mine last Sunday. Will stuff some fiber fill add a nice set of 6.5's can't wait

OP
OP

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Let us know how they work out. These coupled with the Metra 6.5" speaker pods for the knee panels would be awesome.

Sponsored

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Same here, opened it up two parts for each side. A metal substructure to reinforce the sound bar and support speaker, doubles as a template I believe for cutting, and the decorative outer cover. Both nicely made. Comes with full color instructions and screws to make it all work. Well packages quick shipping. Unfortunately I'm leaving for a trip Wednesday and will not have time to install.

deputyonce

First Name
Loy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical
I’ll try to do my installation of everything beginning on Thursday. I bought a camera to document and try making videos and will post them next week (hopefully). Everyone have a great New Year!

OP
OP

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
I’ll try to do my installation of everything beginning on Thursday. I bought a camera to document and try making videos and will post them next week (hopefully). Everyone have a great New Year!
looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the results!

SM1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending...
Any updates? Love to see these installed and hear how bad the install is. Hopefully they work well with the Metra 6.5 front boxes...

deputyonce

First Name
Loy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical
I haven’t installed anything yet... I had a close friend have a family member pass the last week of my vacation, so I didn’t do what I had planned. I have laid everything out was working on the Metra boxes and put Boom Mat inside of them this weekend. I realize that I forgot to order wire connectors as I looked at everything(should have them today). I am installing components with tweeters in the sound bar. SSV has a guide on the underside of the adapters next to the 6.5” adapter or just a huge coincidence of a design impression to cut-out ? Anyway, I just need to figure out if I should surface mount the tweeters or flush mount them... either way I’ll update y’all soon.

Sponsored

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2013 Mazda MX5 Club
I just ordered the JJT-SAO65 Jeep Wrangler JL and JT overhead soundbar 6.5in speaker adapter with the Speaker Options: SSV Works Powersports Speaker and the SSV Works Speaker Grille Color: Red. I think I will also order the Metra 1014 speaker pods for the front knee speakers and also use the SSV Works 6.5in Powersports Speaker so I have a matched pair in front and back of me.
I am sure it will take a couple weeks to get here...I will update and take pics of the install as I get it in.

402.5145.600x400.IMG_0563b.jpg
g327WPA6-o_other0.jpg
g327WPCGSR-F.jpg
met-jp1014.jpg

Last edited:

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looking forward to seeing these installed! If I recall correctly, there are two speakers in each side of the sound bar. Are one of the speakers supposed to be deleted when you install the 6.5" speakers in the soundbar (do both speaker feeds go into the 6.5", or is one simply left disconnected)? Or is the idea to mount tweeters on the outside of the JIT mount?

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am attaching the install instructions for the SSV Works Overhead Soundbar 6.5" Speaker Adapter and the Metra JP-1014 knee speaker pods.

It appears you do not need to take the hard top off to remove the soundbar. I cannot wait to hear how the SSV speakers will sound.

Attachments

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting the instruction files! For that small amount of modification, I probably wouldn't even remove the sound bar- just mark things up with the template, get a Dremel in there, and done.

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting the instruction files! For that small amount of modification, I probably wouldn't even remove the sound bar- just mark things up with the template, get a Dremel in there, and done.
I was thinking the same...use a dremel to cut out the parts needed. I am also going to polly fill a little to deaden the echo in the sound bar.

The real fun job looks to be the knee speakers...wow, you have to take apart the whole dash!
Sponsored