Soundbar upgrade

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
All components and parts equal, 6x9 will be better because of the surface area of the cone. However, most 6.5 are better because companies don't spend the money on 6x9 which is why you have more options at 6.5. Usually the better 6x9 will cost you. 6x9 will carry more bass as well

You also have to worry about the depth of the speaker in the sound bar. You'll end up having far more options with the 6.5

OP
OP
Daffydnbugs

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
All components and parts equal, 6x9 will be better because of the surface area of the cone. However, most 6.5 are better because companies don't spend the money on 6x9 which is why you have more options at 6.5. Usually the better 6x9 will cost you. 6x9 will carry more bass as well

You also have to worry about the depth of the speaker in the sound bar. You'll end up having far more options with the 6.5
You wouldn't happen to know the depth of the soundbar, would you?

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
You wouldn't happen to know the depth of the soundbar, would you?
I don't, and using that bracket might affect it as well. I havent gotten around to any audio upgrades yet. I know there are some pretty detailed walk through that people have done about upgrading the sound system on the JLs. Some on YouTube, some on here.
Sponsored