Sponsored

4xE Order Status??

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60, Volvo S60, Ordered 4XE Sahara
It will only work on the 4XE if you qualify as a first responder in our region
I am first responder but how does it work with Costco? I have done Costco before but it’s not showing up as an incentive

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Finally have confirmation that my Feb 2 Rubicon build will be at Orange Coast Jeep in Costa Mesa by April 14. Also got copy of Window sticker.
Order yourself some Neoprene seat covers the Black leather seats are brutal in the sun with a soft top. I also have a Black soft top 4xe arriving in about 2-3 weeks I ordered with cloth for that reason as I also have a 2018 JL Black soft top Sahara and learned the hard way. I also found the Neoprene to slide less on the leather than with me directly on the leather.
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xE Order Status?? Alta 1

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xE Order Status?? seats 3

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
I am first responder but how does it work with Costco? I have done Costco before but it’s not showing up as an incentive
It did on my site but perhaps it's not available in your state/area code? I went to the coast site, under Jeep then under incentives tab to find it but that was for area code 89436

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Got a quote from a dealer yesterday for a factory order, and he’s telling me that I’m required to take the Remote Proximity Keyless Entry. His system won’t let him deselect it.

Is this true of all JLUR 4xe orders, or maybe just something in my build?

Here are my build options for reference:

JLU Rubicon 4xe
Granite Crystal Metallic
Body color fenders
Body color roof
Leather
Cold weather
Safety
Towing

Sponsored

rdmelton

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Got a quote from a dealer yesterday for a factory order, and he’s telling me that I’m required to take the Remote Proximity Keyless Entry. His system won’t let him deselect it.

JLU Rubicon 4xe
Granite Crystal Metallic
Body color fenders
Body color roof
Leather
Cold weather
Safety
Towing
I have never heard of that. Although many people highly recommend the remote keyless proximity system so it's not such an awful thing.

The remote start comes as part of the cold weather package so maybe he confused those two items since they both have the word remote? (Just a wild guess but seems unlikely)

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK

JLU Rubicon 4xe
Granite Crystal Metallic
Body color fenders
Body color roof
Leather
Cold weather
Safety
Towing
Ordered ours today. Rubicon 4xe. Remote proximity key was required for our build.

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe

JLU Rubicon 4xe
Granite Crystal Metallic
Body color fenders
Body color roof
Leather
Cold weather
Safety
Towing
It wasn’t required for my Rubicon 4xe.

Sting gray
Dual top
Cold weather
Towing
Safety
Floor mats

As others have said, remote proximity keyless entry will be nice to have.

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
hi

JLU Rubicon 4xe
Granite Crystal Metallic
Body color fenders
Body color roof
Leather
Cold weather
Safety
Towing
I agree with the others. It was not required but rather an option, that I happily chose. It’s a nice option to have. Also ordered a Rubicon (Unlimited) 4xe.

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
The remote start comes as part of the cold weather package so maybe he confused those two items since they both have the word remote? (Just a wild guess but seems unlikely)
Good theory on the dealer possibly mixing this up. But I actually wanted/ordered the cold weather package, so the remote start was already in there. He sent me the build sheet, and it has both on it. Said he couldn’t remove it.

Ordered ours today. Rubicon 4xe. Remote proximity key was required for our build.
So, it’s either FCA has just started requiring this (you and I just did orders on 4/1/21), or there’s something in our builds that triggered it. @CaliforniaWheelin' , do you mind sharing what options you selected?

I grew up during barbaric times when we had to pull a key 🔑 out of our pocket, and physically insert/turn it in the lock to open the manual lock on one car door, then lean across the big ole bench seat to unlock the passenger door by hand 😲. Key fobs seem like a luxury to me. Now I need to pay $645 to save me the ”trouble” of pressing a button on the key fob, which is saving me the trouble of inserting the key in the lock?!?!

Rant over. It’s not a deal-breaker. I know a bunch of you were forced into a color-matched top. That was even more money, no added functionality, and it affects the looks of the vehicle! Alas, first world problems!

Last edited:

Sponsored

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
Good theory on the dealer possibly mixing this up. But I actually wanted/ordered the cold weather package, so the remote start was already in there. He sent me the build sheet, and it has both on it. Said he couldn’t remove it.

So, it’s either FCA has just started requiring this (you and I just did orders on 4/1/21), or there’s something in our builds that triggered it. @CaliforniaWheelin' , do you mind sharing what options you selected?

I grew up during barbaric times when we had to pull a key 🔑 out of our pocket, and physically insert/turn it in the lock to open the manual lock on one car door, then lean across the big ole bench seat to unlock the passenger door by hand 😲. Key fobs seem like a luxury to me. Now I need to pay $645 to save me the ”trouble” of pressing a button on the key fob, which is saving me the trouble of inserting the key in the lock?!?!

Rant over. It’s not a deal-breaker. I know a bunch of you were forced into a color-matched top. That was even more money, no added functionality, and it affects the looks of the vehicle! Alas, first world problems!
Remote keyless entry allows you to keep your key fob in your pocket and all you have to is touch the door handle to unlock it and touch the button to lock it. Your key doesn't have to leave your pocket. I had it on my 2020 JT Rubicon and loved it, and I also ordered it for my 2021 4Xe Rubicon, it is a must for me personally from here on out. Now I am really kicking myself for not adding the tow package. I always install the tow hitch myself with the plug and play adapter but it would have been nice to have the Aux switches. There is always next time.

BTA

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru legacy

JLU Rubicon 4xe
Granite Crystal Metallic
Body color fenders
Body color roof
Leather
Cold weather
Safety
Towing
as others have mentioned, highly likely he mistook remote start for proximity entry. i got remote start without the cold weather group and did not get a proximity key. My dealer originally put the wrong item number on my build sheet before I pointed it out. check the item number on the build sheet.

XBM = Remote Start System
GXD = Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
as others have mentioned, highly likely he mistook remote start for proximity entry. i got remote start without the cold weather group and did not get a proximity key.
No, he got it right. I just received two other competitive builds/quotes. The first contained this message:

”Jeep is requiring the Remote Proximity Key on all Sahara and Rubicon, so that is why that option is on the build.”

The second contained this message:

“In building the truck, it required me to add the "Remote proximity key" for the vehicle. That option is $645. Thats the difference in MSRP. Please check to ensure build is correct.“

So, now three different dealers have confirmed the same thing. Sounds like this is a fairly recent new requirement.

BTA

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru legacy
No, he got it right. I also just received a competitive build/quote from Craig Benner at Koons as I shop this around, and after sending him a link to my saved build, he sent me back a build that had proximity keyless added to it, along with this note:

”Jeep is requiring the Remote Proximity Key on all Sahara and Rubicon, so that is why that option is on the build.”

So, now two different dealers have confirmed the same thing. Sounds like this is a fairly recent new requirement.
Shoot, It looks like mine was built with it as well, but it's not listed on the invoice or anything from the dealer. it's just a standard feature it seems.
Sponsored