4xE Order Status??

bradschenck

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wranger Rubicon 4xe
Yes, many of us got an email from FCA about two weeks ago saying they would ship out the end of March.
My broker was told today none have left the factory. Per Dealer, my Rubicon 4Xe build was due to leave the parts installer on March 9th after a one month delay. Must be emissions issue. Same thing happened with Porsche on the 2019 Panamera Hybrids.

Newbie 4xe

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
I wonder if the 20mpg highway is if you are running pure gas to charge the battery. It’s odd that both city and highway are 20mpg.

Jamie Brown

First Name
Jamie Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 3500AT4, Nissan Leaf, RAM 4500
I wonder if the 20mpg highway is if you are running pure gas to charge the battery. It’s odd that both city and highway are 20mpg.
The battery doesn't charge with regular driving, only when coasting and braking. While driving using the gas engine the battery doesn't charge.

Sponsored

hisdigness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Sahara
The battery doesn't charge with regular driving, only when coasting and braking. While driving using the gas engine the battery doesn't charge.
I thought it switched from pure electric to hybrid after the battery drains. 20 hwy or city seems crazy low and only makes sense if the gas was being solely being used.

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I thought it switched from pure electric to hybrid after the battery drains. 20 hwy or city seems crazy low and only makes sense if the gas was being solely being used.
It says that the 20mpg is “gas only”. Does that mean E-SAVE mode? With the added weight of the motors and battery, it makes sense that it would get about 20mpg.

hisdigness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Sahara
It says that the 20mpg is “gas only”. Does that mean E-SAVE mode? With the added weight of the motors and battery, it makes sense that it would get about 20mpg.
That makes more sense to me. So what would be the mpg during hybrid drive? I'm new to all this so pardon my newbness. Or is the 49 number for comined driving in Hybrid mode plus the 21 electric?

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Unless you enable e-save, then enable the "battery charge" mode from within the Hybrid Pages in U-Connect. See the Hybrid Supplement, pg 25. However, your mileage will definitely decrease for the ~2.5 hours it takes at 50MPH to recharge the battery to 95%.

Newbie 4xe

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara

That’s what I thought it meant — 20mpg while in E-SAVE mode.
I also thought I read that E-SAVE could be configured to charge the battery. Maybe I dreamt that...

The question remains, what is the mileage when running hybrid?

I look forward to finding out myself whenever the deliveries start!!

Sponsored

BTA

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru legacy
That makes more sense to me. So what would be the mpg during hybrid drive? I'm new to all this so pardon my newbness. Or is the 49 number for comined driving in Hybrid mode plus the 21 electric?
49 is it's MPGe. MPGe is calculated with a formula, it is NOT the combined mpg. basically it accounts for typical driving habits and assumes you fully charge the battery every night. (very poor explanation, but there are a lot of sites that explain it better)

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
It will depend entirely upon your charging habits and driving distances. If you drive 20 miles/day and charge every day, you will get extremely good mileage. The Jeep will use your gas engine just to keep the gas "fresh". As I mentioned in another thread, I figure I will drive about 50miles on electricity and 100miles on gas per week which would yield about 30MPG.