4xE Order Status??

Jeep4xe

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Y
You should just walk - if you are really comparing an X3 to your expectations of something from Jeep, and the different purpose of those 2 vehicles.

Or just chill, in fact everyone should just chill out a bit. Aren’t Jeep drivers supposed to be kind of chill?
I am very chilled , i have hummer ev on order coming this fall, who needs jeep ....
Sponsored

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
You should just walk - if you are really comparing an X3 to your expectations of something from Jeep, and the different purpose of those 2 vehicles.

Or just chill, in fact everyone should just chill out a bit. Aren’t Jeep drivers supposed to be kind of chill?
Not really comparing, My X3E is for a completely different purpose. I'm just stating the technology is not new. It's similar in that an electric motor replaces the torque converter. The other point was that when BMW launched the car that the specs were basically the same from advertising to production without last minute surprises.

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
I'm chill as long as the HP and torque don't go down.
If the KWh of the battery is in fact reduced, it's very likely the horsepower and torque will too. One other poster on this forum that is an engineer actually formulated the reduction based on a 16KWh battery but that's over my head..

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
If the KWh of the battery is in fact reduced, it's very likely the horsepower and torque will too. One other poster on this forum that is an engineer actually formulated the reduction based on a 16KWh battery but that's over my head..
I have not really seen anything that shows that they have actually reduced the battery size. I know that there are different numbers floating around. The size of the battery should have very little, if any, affect on the HP and Torque numbers. The only way it would affect the numbers is if a smaller battery was unable to deliver the the same discharge current as the larger one. Other than that it is just basically another gas tank. I doubt such a small amount of difference will change anything.

I think if we do see a reduction in HP and torque it will be because they are trying to reprogram the engine to get better MPG.

I know some people are saying none of this is a big deal. Honestly it is a pretty big deal. It does not bother me so much that the range has gone down. That is somewhat disappointing but not a deal breaker for me. It bothers me more that we seem to getting these issues now, just before the launch. Jeep has been touting how much testing went into this thing. I am pretty sure the EPA testing procedure's are not a mystery and Jeep should be pretty close before they ever send it out. There have been suggestions that the engineers and marketing are not on the same page. That does not inspire a great deal of confidence either.

In the end this may, and probably will, end up not being that big of a deal. I think Jeep would be better off getting ahead of this and just letting everyone know what is going on. Things we imagine are almost always worse than they actually are. Or at least I hope they are.

Sponsored

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I have not really seen anything that shows that they have actually reduced the battery size. I know that there are different numbers floating around. The size of the battery should have very little, if any, affect on the HP and Torque numbers. The only way it would affect the numbers is if a smaller battery was unable to deliver the the same discharge current as the larger one. Other than that it is just basically another gas tank. I doubt such a small amount of difference will change anything.

I think if we do see a reduction in HP and torque it will be because they are trying to reprogram the engine to get better MPG.

I know some people are saying none of this is a big deal. Honestly it is a pretty big deal. It does not bother me so much that the range has gone down. That is somewhat disappointing but not a deal breaker for me. It bothers me more that we seem to getting these issues now, just before the launch. Jeep has been touting how much testing went into this thing. I am pretty sure the EPA testing procedure's are not a mystery and Jeep should be pretty close before they ever send it out. There have been suggestions that the engineers and marketing are not on the same page. That does not inspire a great deal of confidence either.

In the end this may, and probably will, end up not being that big of a deal. I think Jeep would be better off getting ahead of this and just letting everyone know what is going on. Things we imagine are almost always worse than they actually are. Or at least I hope they are.
I think the reality is that, even if the changes are that big of a deal (which they are to me, if the power numbers end up revised downward to the Canadian ones), it will affect Jeep's bottom line by an absolutely negligible amount. The early adopters (i.e., all of us on these forums, among a few others) are the only ones who will be up in arms about any of this, whether that's the range, the power, whatever it is. But we represent such a tiny slice of the pie Jeep's after. While we'd love to think Jeep is super concerned about keeping us all placated, the reality is that, in the grand scheme of things, we kinda don't matter at all to the bottom line. The real money is in the tens of thousands of units they'll sell to people who watch a commercial and decide they want it, regardless of what the specs look like; all of whom will likely never know an enthusiast forum of this sort exists at all.

Sure, you'd kinda hope Jeep would "do the right thing" and be forthcoming about all of this, but it's frankly not really in their interest to do so. Smart to drum up free support via word-of-mouth early on, even if it's over-promising. I can say that I've excitedly told plenty of people what a great car the 4xe is going to be. But what about if/when Jeep does revise things downward? I'm far less likely to follow up and say, "Hey, remember all that great stuff I said about the 4xe? So check this out: MAJOR asterisks...!!"

As the "enthusiast" crowd, it's easy to delude ourselves into believing that we represent the voice of the target market for a particular vehicle. But, frankly, the vast majority of dollars don't come from us.

This isn't just a Jeep thing either. This is true of a lot of major launches. I've got a day-one Bronco reservation, and Ford has been pulling numerous shady little bait-and-switch games nonstop since the reveal. It's upsetting as hell, but when I talk to others who have reservations (who are NOT on "the forums"), they don't have a clue any of it is happening.

Ultimately, membership and participation in online forums is a very poor representation of vehicle owners as a whole. So, as much as I empathize with the frustrations of those who say, "I'm ready to cancel" or "Jeep BETTER do this and that for me", I also have to face the fact that Jeep really has no reason to care if I'm/you're upset. Facing that fact allows me to stop, remove my own emotions from the equation, and ask objectively, "Well where does this leave me? Do I still want the car? Is it still the best car for me?". As much as my ego tells me I'm angry about the [potential] changes and I want to find something else, the logical side of me tells me there still isn't a viable alternative available to me at this point in time. That's what keeps me hanging on, glued to the cryptotracker, waiting for any word that my 4xe will arrive sometime soon, even if it's with the the revised figures.

In the end, it's helpful to realize that while this whole process may be an emotional and/or exciting journey for all of us, really it is just business. Am I bummed out about how things are going down at the moment? Hell yeah, I am.. But, I remind myself constantly that it really isn't about me at all. Begrudgingly, I'm clearly still on board. For now...

Jamie Brown

First Name
Jamie Brown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 3500AT4, Nissan Leaf, RAM 4500
kWh of the battery has nothing to do with the torque. kWh has to do with the endurance, the hp of the motor has to do wit. The torque.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
kWh of the battery has nothing to do with the torque. kWh has to do with the endurance, the hp of the motor has to do wit. The torque.
Exactly. The battery's capacity (rated kWh) is a measure of how long it can create power. For a given motor, the torque is related to its current draw, motor speed is related to its operating voltage, and HP is related to both motor speed & torque. Generally, if you run a battery pack at its max current draw you will degrade its total number of discharge cycles. Similarly, the deeper a discharge allowed (lower min voltage) , the lower the lifecycles. To maximize lifecycle, decreasing the max current draw, and increasing the min voltage are critical.

Also, if the 4xe's battery voltage sags more than expected during max current draw (max acceleration), due to higher connector or cable resistance, for example, the max torque & total range would decrease. Any of these could be reasons for a very late change in ratings.

Back to the original topic of this post, I'm happy to report that my Nov 6 order has finally finished its "additional equipment installation" and has progressed to sitting in the parking lot ( quality control inspections ) until an unspecified shipping date.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Im curious why y’all ordered a vehicle that didn’t exist for a price you didn’t know with specs that are just estimates and then complain about Jeep. You know that the people who order six months after you will have all the info and get theirs about 30 days after you do right?

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
Im curious why y’all ordered a vehicle that didn’t exist for a price you didn’t know with specs that are just estimates and then complain about Jeep. You know that the people who order six months after you will have all the info and get theirs about 30 days after you do right?
Well I did not order mine as long ago as lots of people here but as far as the specs, I would assume that if they had done as much testing as they claim, and put these into production, these numbers would not be estimates. I think that is some of the complaint. Now when I ordered mine I did know the price and certainly would not order something that I have no idea what it would be. In the end many probably put an order in expecting that they could always change it.

On the other hand I just got this today. I am going to bet most of us who ordered did.

c127e7d5-da1c-43f6-94f2-9d6d1570d711.png
Dear Steve,

We at Jeep want to thank you for your order of the highly anticipated new Wrangler 4xe. We are anxious to get your vehicle built and shipped to your dealer as quickly as possible and want to assure you that your order has our attention and priority.

We are finalizing the validation process that every new vehicle goes through to ensure the highest possible quality and expect to start shipping vehicles near the end of March for delivery to dealer lots beginning in April.

We sincerely appreciate your business.

Sponsored

evaughan3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Well I did not order mine as long ago as lots of people here but as far as the specs, I would assume that if they had done as much testing as they claim, and put these into production, these numbers would not be estimates. I think that is some of the complaint. Now when I ordered mine I did know the price and certainly would not order something that I have no idea what it would be. In the end many probably put an order in expecting that they could always change it.

On the other hand I just got this today. I am going to bet most of us who ordered did.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xE Order Status?? c127e7d5-da1c-43f6-94f2-9d6d1570d711
Dear Steve,

We at Jeep want to thank you for your order of the highly anticipated new Wrangler 4xe. We are anxious to get your vehicle built and shipped to your dealer as quickly as possible and want to assure you that your order has our attention and priority.

We are finalizing the validation process that every new vehicle goes through to ensure the highest possible quality and expect to start shipping vehicles near the end of March for delivery to dealer lots beginning in April.

We sincerely appreciate your business.
Got the same one this morning...

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
With a business, you should know humans complain 🙃 . We knew the price and the vehicle propulsion is the only thing new, so most the vehicle existed. Some people put a lot into the advertised testing to feel comfortable with the released numbers and not so much the fine print of estimated numbers. I'm one of the HP and Torque people, so lower range isn't a biggy for me. Now I would have preferred it not sit in a lot for a month now.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Until it is on the lots and can be purchased at retail, there is risk. I can understand people taking that risk to be first I guess. But if you get burned you shouldn't complain about it.

By the way, I have seen this with the JL launch, the Gladiator launch, the 392, and the 4Xe. So it's not like this is some unique situation.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
With a business, you should know humans complain 🙃 . We knew the price and the vehicle propulsion is the only thing new, so most the vehicle existed. Some people put a lot into the advertised testing to feel comfortable with the released numbers and not so much the fine print of estimated numbers. I'm one of the HP and Torque people, so lower range isn't a biggy for me. Now I would have preferred it not sit in a lot for a month now.
But you could have just waited until it was released and then buy it. And then you would know everything and it would not sit.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
But you could have just waited until it was released and then buy it. And then you would know everything and it would not sit.
I haven't complained ;)
Sponsored