Sponsored

4xE Order Status??

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 4XE
Magically my Jeep has finished build a day after getting build sheet from crypto (after escalating case), sounds exactly like what you described happened with yours.

I wonder how many others are “parts gathered waiting to be built” but are actually finished build. 🤔
I wonder if it was on purpose? If a lot more Jeeps are actually built and been sitting in storage

We are finalizing the validation process that every new vehicle goes through to ensure the highest possible quality and expect to start shipping vehicles near the end of March for delivery to dealer lots beginning in April.
This part hurts. I'll have to come up with another $2K down payment since that's how much value my trade-in will have lost come April 😢
Sponsored

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
I believe it's...

$2500 period (regardless of capacity)
+ $417 for the first 5kWh, if it is at least that size
+ $417 for each kWh thereafter

Your interpretation is combining the first two lines, and leaving out the initial $417 in the process.
You must be correct, I checked the Kwh on my BMW and the rebate I received and that ads up so at least we don't have money out of our pocket!

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired

orejo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Snazzberry Sahara
I had considered myself impatient with weekly Jeep chat check ins, but it sounds like I can give in to the desire to bug them even more!

Thanks to everyone adding info in this thread and keeping us all reminded that we are not alone in waiting.

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
You can add mine to the 4Xe sent to storage. I just got my notice today from my sales rep that the Jeep was shipped to storage today. I ordered mine on 2/6 so I have not been waiting nearly as long as a lot of people on this forum, I feel for ya. I would bank on the beginning of April being the delivery date. Somebody made a good point on this forum that none of the 4Xe's have received a window sticker regardless of when they went to storage. Once those window stickers start showing up I would hope it would be a flood of the 4Xe shipping out.

Sponsored

botond.kopacz

First Name
Botond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe on order
According to CA Jeep site, the range dropped to 21 mile from 25 (https://www.jeep.ca/en/wrangler-4xe).

"If you’re planning a long drive, electric power alone will last up to 34 km,* and for longer adventures, hybrid will take you up to 595 km* − giving you all the freedom while eliminating range anxiety." This translates to 21.1 mile electric range and 369 mile in total.

Too bad that the Tesla can go above 369 purely electric. 21 mile is not too much, doesn't worth the almost the hassle to charge it, so I will end up with few hundred extra pounds for the same 2.0T engine and even worse MPG.

I will wait for what the final figures will be before saying "too bad that I've placed my order for the Yellow 4xe Rubicon".

According to the German site (https://www.jeep.de/4xe-hybrid/wrangler-4xe) it will have 31 mi using EU calculations...

Oneilc01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray Turbo
According to CA Jeep site, the range dropped to 21 mile from 25 (https://www.jeep.ca/en/wrangler-4xe).

"If you’re planning a long drive, electric power alone will last up to 34 km,* and for longer adventures, hybrid will take you up to 595 km* − giving you all the freedom while eliminating range anxiety." This translates to 21.1 mile electric range and 369 mile in total.

Too bad that the Tesla can go above 369 purely electric. 21 mile is not too much, doesn't worth the almost the hassle to charge it, so I will end up with few hundred extra pounds for the same 2.0T engine and even worse MPG.

I will wait for what the final figures will be before saying "too bad that I've placed my order for the Yellow 4xe Rubicon".

According to the German site (https://www.jeep.de/4xe-hybrid/wrangler-4xe) it will have 31 mi using EU calculations...
Did you all notice the German site has an audio comparison of the sound of the electric vs ICE? Whooooosh!

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Very interesting that the EU based electric range is 31 and Canada based range is 21. 25 is almost smack in the middle.

it all depends on driving style and conditions. I think all this concern about changing specs is an overreaction. If you drive lightly on the pedal with slow acceleration and maximum regeneration, I expect you could exceed the original 25mile range.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
One thing interesting is the German site lists the battery at 17.3kw and the HP, expressed in kw, at 375.

botond.kopacz

First Name
Botond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW i3, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe on order
One thing interesting is the German site lists the battery at 17.3kw and the HP, expressed in kw, at 375.
Yes, on the U.S. site its 16 kWh, on Canadian its 17, and on the German its 17.3.
On more reason to be excited to have somebody here who finally receives the 1st 4xe.

Sponsored

jdeolivares

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Yes. We will have to wait for someone to get one to what the real electric range is. Why would there be different battery energy capacity’s in the EU vs Us models? Unless the difference is usable vs total energy since you can’t deplete the battery to 0. But that doesn’t explain the range difference. Usable should be the same whether in The EU or US or Canada. On the other hand maybe the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing at FCA.

BTA

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru legacy
Yes. We will have to wait for someone to get one to what the real electric range is. Why would there be different battery energy capacity’s in the EU vs Us models? Unless the difference is usable vs total energy since you can’t deplete the battery to 0. But that doesn’t explain the range difference. Usable should be the same whether in The EU or US or Canada. On the other hand maybe the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing at FCA.

some differences could also have to do with different government standards for measuring mpg/range in their testing.

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
some differences could also have to do with different government standards for measuring mpg/range in their testing.
Very likely that. 20 years ago or so the MPG numbers that the manufactures gave you were always wildly optimistic. The government made them change the way they did them. Still hard to get the numbers but if you really watch your driving it can be very close now.

digimark

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 MT JK 2-dr X, Nacho JLUR 4xe.
The 4xe is already heavy enough with the underseat battery, regardless of how much range they can eke out of it. Whatever it comes with in electric range I'll take it as its better then the 16MPG in my 2007 2-door JK with the 3.8L. As long as they keep the HP/torque specs. I'm hoping battery tech will advance in the next few years and I'll be able to fit a replacement battery pack that will allow 300 miles electric range... Otherwise how will I make this thing last fourteen years like the JK.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
You can add mine to the 4Xe sent to storage. I just got my notice today from my sales rep that the Jeep was shipped to storage today. I ordered mine on 2/6 so I have not been waiting nearly as long as a lot of people on this forum, I feel for ya. I would bank on the beginning of April being the delivery date. Somebody made a good point on this forum that none of the 4Xe's have received a window sticker regardless of when they went to storage. Once those window stickers start showing up I would hope it would be a flood of the 4Xe shipping out.
But they'd better not do another price change between then and now. I've already lost my body color top that was included with the dual top group, but no longer is, so they built with a black top. They had better not bump my price before they finally get around to slapping a window sticker on it.
Sponsored