4xE Order Status??

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Yeah, that's what mine just said, " It is built and waiting to be scheduled for shipping." So I'm happy as last week it was still in that status 'D'. I ordered on 12/29, so 1 month to build is about what I hoped. But sucks if it's now going to be stuck on hold before shipping.

Wish this was like BMW. If you live in Germany you can pick up your BMW at the factory. I would gladly get a friend to drive me to the Toledo Assembly Complex (about 460 miles) and get mine if I could!
Sponsored

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
posted this note on the thread about the tax credit, but I'm reposting it here:

"The stickers aren't the holdup if they are want to ship them. They *could* ship them with stickers that say "This vehicle is not for retail sale" then send the Monroney labels to the dealers when they are ready. I used to own a Cadillac dealership and a BMW dealership and we got new model year vehicles that way all the time.
I know it's a very minor point, but I'm guessing that the Stellantis wants the first 4xe Jeeps to be perfect. I want mine as much as everybody else here does, but I'm also happy that Jeep's not shipping until they're good and ready. They have a huge amount of pressure to ship- monthly retail sales numbers, getting the built vehicles off their balance sheet, etc.
Believe me, they have good reasons not to."
Certainly hope you're right about the desire for extra quality control. But, if I'm being honest, I'm more than a wee bit skeptical that FCA/Stellantis/Jeep is that obsessively re-checking each of these to ensure they get it right. It's no secret that their track record on quality control is abysmal, even on plenty of new releases. Additionally, If the intent was indeed to make each of these "perfect", it would seem incredibly inefficient for them to build, inspect, then release these vehicles to storage, only to re-inspect at that point to potentially send them right back to the line for fixes. Granted, it's entirely possible that they decided doing so would be the more optimal workflow; given that I have no assembly line experience, I admittedly couldn't argue that it isn't so.

Again, I'm merely speculating, as we all are; and for the sake of my future enjoyment, I do hope you're right and I'm wrong. That said, while I mean you no disrespect, I do think you're giving Jeep a little too much credit on this one.

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
I just checked with Jeep Chat again and got the same response I've been getting for the past two weeks now "All parts have been gathered and will start the build soon" I literally got that same response two weeks ago. I'm at 9 weeks now!
Robyn, I thought you ordered from Koons around the same time as me? Guess you did earlier. Mine just moved to the built and waiting to be scheduled for shipping. That would be odd if yours was ordered 4 weeks before me from the same dealer...

Mike DeSimone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Certainly hope you're right about the desire for extra quality control. But, if I'm being honest, I'm more than a wee bit skeptical that FCA/Stellantis/Jeep is that obsessively re-checking each of these to ensure they get it right. It's no secret that their track record on quality control is abysmal, even on plenty of new releases. Additionally, If the intent was indeed to make each of these "perfect", it would seem incredibly inefficient for them to build, inspect, then release these vehicles to storage, only to re-inspect at that point to potentially send them right back to the line for fixes. Granted, it's entirely possible that they decided doing so would be the more optimal workflow; given that I have no assembly line experience, I admittedly couldn't argue that it isn't so.

Again, I'm merely speculating, as we all are; and for the sake of my future enjoyment, I do hope you're right and I'm wrong. That said, while I mean you no disrespect, I do think you're giving Jeep a little too much credit on this one.
I agree with you Dude, and I don't think the delay is necessarily about VEHICLE quality issues, which are most effectively dealt with at the plant. I was talking about the delivery experience. I'm sure that some of us (not me of course) have a stakeout at the Jeep dealership looking for the car carrier to arrive with our 4xe on it. Just as you said, we're all merely speculating. Shipping vehicles to commerce that can't be sold doesn't help their monthly sales numbers, so that's not it, and I don't think a few hundred vehicles on Stellantis's balance sheet vs. dealer floorplan makes any difference to them. Maybe they just don't want us being like the kid who finds some presents in mom & dad's closet a couple days before his birthday and has to contain himself. If it was me, I'd probably give my party a bad Yelp review.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Robyn, I thought you ordered from Koons around the same time as me? Guess you did earlier. Mine just moved to the built and waiting to be scheduled for shipping. That would be odd if yours was ordered 4 weeks before me from the same dealer...
I ordered from Koons on December 1st. I received my VIN a few days later.

Sponsored

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I agree with you Dude, and I don't think the delay is necessarily about VEHICLE quality issues, which are most effectively dealt with at the plant. I was talking about the delivery experience. I'm sure that some of us (not me of course) have a stakeout at the Jeep dealership looking for the car carrier to arrive with our 4xe on it. Just as you said, we're all merely speculating. Shipping vehicles to commerce that can't be sold doesn't help their monthly sales numbers, so that's not it, and I don't think a few hundred vehicles on Stellantis's balance sheet vs. dealer floorplan makes any difference to them. Maybe they just don't want us being like the kid who finds some presents in mom & dad's closet a couple days before his birthday and has to contain himself. If it was me, I'd probably give my party a bad Yelp review.
Point definitely taken regarding the company's flexibility in the order of operations, and appreciate the insight. Definitely does add another layer of mystery surrounding the delays. And, if it was delivered in a not-ready-for-sale condition, I'd most definitely be one of those guys/kids obsessively stalking my own vehicle on the dealership lot, ready to pounce as soon as I saw the guy carrying out the sticker. :)

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60, Volvo S60, Ordered 4XE Sahara
Several of us have ours waiting to transport. The thought is we have not received stickers and they have not shipped because FCA is waiting on the gas mileage ratings from the EPA. PHEV's take longer to validate than ICE systems. I'm guessing that is the reason the 392 rating just came out ahead of the 4XE.
Ya makes sense! Hopefully get released soon!

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Just think, at some point in the near future the flood gate is going to open and we will all have our orders and this thread will become obsolete! What in the world will will all do with our time then?! Mods right!

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, that's what mine just said, " It is built and waiting to be scheduled for shipping." So I'm happy as last week it was still in that status 'D'. I ordered on 12/29, so 1 month to build is about what I hoped. But sucks if it's now going to be stuck on hold before shipping.

Wish this was like BMW. If you live in Germany you can pick up your BMW at the factory. I would gladly get a friend to drive me to the Toledo Assembly Complex (about 460 miles) and get mine if I could!
SAME

Sponsored

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wondering what you all are thinking! What’s your bets when they will arrive in dealer lots?! I’m thinking Late February early March.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Asterix. I remember now our orders were almost identical. Man! So frustrating!

Mike DeSimone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Hey all-
Just got an update from my Jeep Sales advisor- Estimated ship date is 2/18. It's a Nacho Rubicon with all the boxes checked. I figured some of the delay might be that the Sky One Touch top is done off the line by a vendor, as many low volume options are. It's gonna be exciting to see whose unit gets delivered first.😜

Biggielol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be Rubicon 4xE
Hey all-
Just got an update from my Jeep Sales advisor- Estimated ship date is 2/18. It's a Nacho Rubicon with all the boxes checked. I figured some of the delay might be that the Sky One Touch top is done off the line by a vendor, as many low volume options are. It's gonna be exciting to see whose unit gets delivered first.😜
When did you place your order?

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
What do you people do that you can afford the rubicon fully loaded? I must’ve ducked up in life.
Sponsored