Sponsored

4xE Order Status??

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo V60, Volvo S60, Ordered 4XE Sahara
Great to hear a Sahara is finally moving. I placed my order 12/1 and no movement as of four days ago.
Wow that’s crazy. I guess it shows how order date doesn’t mean everything. I wonder if it’s by region, and because I ordered from a huge dealer

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I ordered from Koons Jeep in Tysons Virginia, and they have a huge chunk of the DC/MD/VA Jeep market.

Where did you order from?

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered from Koons Jeep in Tysons Virginia, and they have a huge chunk of the DC/MD/VA Jeep market.

Where did you order from?
I was going to order from koons but ended up ordering from a Criswell. Not far at all from Koons, really suprised yours isn’t moving yet!

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I am excited to hear your real world reviews of your new Jeep’s once you get them!
We should start a raffle like people do for baby due dates for when the first one gets delivered, ha!

Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Me too! I'm convinced it because of some little silly option I added like the cargo mat or the door sill guards, hahaha!

You know isn't it odd that the 4xe isn't showing up at all in any Jeep commercials! It seems like at this point they would be hyping it big time!

gman123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me too! I'm convinced it because of some little silly option I added like the cargo mat or the door sill guards, hahaha!

You know isn't it odd that the 4xe isn't showing up at all in any Jeep commercials! It seems like at this point they would be hyping it big time!
Ya could be! Seems to be moving quickly, in trim today. Hopping to take delivery late February, early March! Anyone think that’s a reasonable guess?

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Ya could be! Seems to be moving quickly, in trim today. Hopping to take delivery late February, early March! Anyone think that’s a reasonable guess?
For what it's worth, several of us have had 4xes fully built and inspected but stuck in storage for undetermined reasons. Mine has been that way for almost three weeks now. I think the most likely explanation (which was proposed by some other members, not me) is that FCA is awaiting EPA certification before the window stickers can be printed and slapped on the vehicles. The late-Feb timeframe is still reasonable, so far, but got a feeling it's quickly slipping away from us.

My first JL did move pleasantly quickly once the train started moving. First day, it first moved north to Ann Arbor, Michigan, then sat doing nothing until day three. But then it was a straight shot across the country (to California, where I'm at) at about a one-state-per-day pace. Then it again waited two agonizing days at the local railyard before it was finally picked up by truck and delivered to my dealer on the third day. So as a really rough, ballpark estimate of transit time, I'd figure four days plus whatever the number of states is between you and Ohio.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Several of us have ours waiting to transport. The thought is we have not received stickers and they have not shipped because FCA is waiting on the gas mileage ratings from the EPA. PHEV's take longer to validate than ICE systems. I'm guessing that is the reason the 392 rating just came out ahead of the 4XE.

Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I just checked with Jeep Chat again and got the same response I've been getting for the past two weeks now "All parts have been gathered and will start the build soon" I literally got that same response two weeks ago. I'm at 9 weeks now!

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Good intel on the sticker hold up and maybe their "Storage" capability is at capacity and they can't build any more until the ones in storage move out? That makes rational sense right? Its got to be even more frustrating to know yours is finished and you still can't get it!

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I just checked with Jeep Chat again and got the same response I've been getting for the past two weeks now "All parts have been gathered and will start the build soon" I literally got that same response two weeks ago. I'm at 9 weeks now!
Just a guess but if enough are in storage right now awaiting shipping, they may not build anymore until those units leave.

Mike DeSimone

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
For what it's worth, several of us have had 4xes fully built and inspected but stuck in storage for undetermined reasons. Mine has been that way for almost three weeks now. I think the most likely explanation (which was proposed by some other members, not me) is that FCA is awaiting EPA certification before the window stickers can be printed and slapped on the vehicles. The late-Feb timeframe is still reasonable, so far, but got a feeling it's quickly slipping away from us.

My first JL did move pleasantly quickly once the train started moving. First day, it first moved north to Ann Arbor, Michigan, then sat doing nothing until day three. But then it was a straight shot across the country (to California, where I'm at) at about a one-state-per-day pace. Then it again waited two agonizing days at the local railyard before it was finally picked up by truck and delivered to my dealer on the third day. So as a really rough, ballpark estimate of transit time, I'd figure four days plus whatever the number of states is between you and Ohio.
posted this note on the thread about the tax credit, but I'm reposting it here:

"The stickers aren't the holdup if they are want to ship them. They *could* ship them with stickers that say "This vehicle is not for retail sale" then send the Monroney labels to the dealers when they are ready. I used to own a Cadillac dealership and a BMW dealership and we got new model year vehicles that way all the time.
I know it's a very minor point, but I'm guessing that the Stellantis wants the first 4xe Jeeps to be perfect. I want mine as much as everybody else here does, but I'm also happy that Jeep's not shipping until they're good and ready. They have a huge amount of pressure to ship- monthly retail sales numbers, getting the built vehicles off their balance sheet, etc.
Believe me, they have good reasons not to."
Sponsored